Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor Artwork Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Minor Artwork Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor Artwork Question - 6/21/2009 6:02:16 PM   
Distiller

I noticed that the locations of MG plumes in the combat animations are sometimes off, does anyone know how to change them? if you don't know what i mean, picture a P-47 shooting through the prop or a Lightning firing out of its engines.

thanx in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Minor Artwork Question - 6/21/2009 7:04:55 PM   
Terminus

It's a well-known, if very minor, bug. Usually it requires shifting the planetops 0,76 pixels to one side or the other, so nobody has bothered with it. The planetop file is unpleasant enough as is...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Distiller)
Post #: 2
RE: Minor Artwork Question - 6/21/2009 7:43:24 PM   
Distiller

so, the engine determines whether there's one muzzleflash or two?

if so, where's the threshold?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: Minor Artwork Question - 6/21/2009 7:47:11 PM   
Terminus

No idea. The problem is caused by the planetop not aligning properly, not the other way around.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Distiller)
Post #: 4
RE: Minor Artwork Question - 6/21/2009 9:23:57 PM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

No idea. The problem is caused by the planetop not aligning properly, not the other way around.

Shoot, I'm still bugged by the fact that a P-39 is about twice the size of a B-17 and the best Grigsby, Wood & Co. could do for surface combat was line the girls up against one wall, the boys up against the other wall, and let 'em show their combat hardware to each other...

As far as I care with that lame-o air combat display, monkeys could fly outta their butts.

< Message edited by pasternakski -- 6/21/2009 9:25:15 PM >

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 5
RE: Minor Artwork Question - 6/22/2009 2:22:42 AM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Shoot, I'm still bugged by the fact that a P-39 is about twice the size of a B-17 and the best Grigsby, Wood & Co. could do for surface combat was line the girls up against one wall, the boys up against the other wall, and let 'em show their combat hardware to each other...

As far as I care with that lame-o air combat display, monkeys could fly outta their butts.

I kind of like the flying monkey idea.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 6
RE: Minor Artwork Question - 6/22/2009 12:19:47 PM   
Distiller

uh, i too ahve these animations turned off most of the time, i'm just a bit curious how single (wing flash) and multi (single flash) engined aircraft are seperated. note that i'm not talking about alignment, you may have misunderstood me. is it a slot based thing or is there some way to change them? 'cause if you want to show someone a mod and the planetops are either missing or somehow wrong, it turns them off, simple as that.

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 7
RE: Minor Artwork Question - 6/22/2009 1:16:24 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Distiller

uh, i too ahve these animations turned off most of the time, i'm just a bit curious how single (wing flash) and multi (single flash) engined aircraft are seperated. note that i'm not talking about alignment, you may have misunderstood me. is it a slot based thing or is there some way to change them? 'cause if you want to show someone a mod and the planetops are either missing or somehow wrong, it turns them off, simple as that.

It's a slot based thing. To make them line up you'd have to shift the individual tops (and alpha files) that don't line up across to a better position. In theory it's that simple. In practice if the top files don't line up exactly with the underlying layer files that you get weirdness in the combat display.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Distiller)
Post #: 8
RE: Minor Artwork Question - 6/22/2009 2:52:01 PM   
Distiller

that's what i was looking for. thx

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Minor Artwork Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI