1792 No frills PBEM

Post here to seek opponents for multiplayer match-ups.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Kingmaker

1792 No frills PBEM

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

Just to see if there is any interest out there in a 1792 No frills game, i.e. no bidding, no Mods (so no napoleon) played just as the scenario was designed.

Personal opinion but I feel the 1792 game may allow the smaller nations a better chance, so here's the proposed set up

1792, 23 yrs, No glory, highest at game’s end wins; 48 hr max for turn returns, but sooner = better.

Interested so far;

Kingmaker & Iron Warrior (1 slot reserved for B2 who’s on hols)
So 5 slots left; please state which 2 nations you would like/be prepared to play, but please be willing to negotiate.

All the Best
Peter
Mus

RE: 1792 No frills PBEM

Post by Mus »

I would play Austria or Russia.
Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

Will start a list then, ... mainly coz I forgot to check the 'Notify me ...' box [8|]

Mus Austria or Russia

Kingmaker not France or Spain

Iron Warrior ? ?

B2 ? ?

Franck Prussia or Spain ?; (Franck re GF, time to persuade her or her parents they really realy do need an Internet connection, get to work [:)] )

Andrew Sweden or ?

Tom England or Prussia

All the Best
Peter
IronWarrior

Post by IronWarrior »

Count me in... pending newer players getting a chance as I don't want to hog all the fun. [;)]

Might check with timurlain and Franck as I think they wanted to get a game going.
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

Have emailed Tom, Franck & Pete from the 1st PBEM, B2 I don't know when he's back, you any idea?

You got a couple of Nations Bill?

All the Best
Peter

PS also emailed Montesaurus as he's had bad luck a couple of times trying to get in before.
IronWarrior

Post by IronWarrior »

B2 said he'd be on vacation for 2 weeks... about 2 weeks ago. My guess is he should return any day now.

As for side I'll take whatever... I might as well wait to pick in case some newer players get interested and let them have first pick.
Franck

Post by Franck »

Hi, I'd join if you don't mind...

I guess I could try any of the small powers ( Spain, Turkey, Sweden or Prussia).

Prussia beieng the favorite. After that I don't mind. As usual I could play any nation if needs be... Turkey would probably be the nation I'd want to play the less in the list I gave.
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

Will play anyone. Currently playing Sweden and happy to again. Whatever is needed however.
Franck

Post by Franck »

ARG!!!!! Gosh, I just realized! One week every months or two I'm gona go spend a week with my GF... I'm not sure I can get an internet conection. So if this bugs you guys, just count me out... (I would be willing to let an ally or someone run my country tough if you don't mind).

Otherwise put me in as reserve.
timurlain

Post by timurlain »

Hello,
I am keen to join in. I wouldn't mind playing Prussia again. (seeing Franck was up to it, I am keen on having him have it).
List of favourite nations:
Prussia, Austria, England, Russia

It would seems England is not yet asked for.
- playing Austria in 1792 Going again COGEE PBEM
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

List amended.

Now fraid I have to go to the Lake district for a friends funeral tomorrow (Tues), as from tonight I'll be out of it till sometime Weds afternoon/evening. So if you wish someone else can take over the organising or hold on till I get back, your call.

All the Best
Peter
Franck

Post by Franck »

Players:
Kingmaker: England
IW: Russia?
Franck: Spain
Timurlain: Prussia
Andrewkurtz: Sweden
B2: France??? (now he should have something to do!!!)
Mus: Austria
We miss one? (I have 7 players)

How I did this... Just chose every nation for every player that no one else wanted to play. And tryed to make players play something different from last game (ie Kingmaker as a naval nation, B2 as a big nation etc...) I kept Timurlain as Prussia since he specified he'd prefer to play it again.

Re GF: The problem is that she works in the woods in northern Quebec... I migth try to take my portable PC up and try to connect from shcools or somestuff like that... But that would mean I need to find a school with unsecured Wi-fii in the area :) (I'll try for sure even if I hate playing on my portable cpu... 15 minutes to load the game!!!!)
Franck

Post by Franck »

Also, could we add Blucher attrition level to the game? It would make people think before pointlessly moving armies around the map...
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

I'd personally suggest against it for two reasons:

1. This is 1792 "No Frills" PBEM and I think Blucher attrition level is a frill:)

2. I think the new supply depot rules has a HUGE impact on armies going everywhere.
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

Sorry, thats an "Oooops" on my part Andrew, I had ment to suggest Bonapart attrition but forgot to include it, I'm easy with whatever you Chaps sort out as in the final analysis Attrition rates affect us all equally.

Franck I'm fine with England, but if you have probs getting the Turkey slot filled just shift me over there.

All the Best
Peter
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

As above
Franck

Post by Franck »

WE still need one more player... Lenin is still interested in a new game?
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

ORIGINAL: Kingmaker
Sorry, thats an "Oooops" on my part Andrew, I had ment to suggest Bonapart attrition but forgot to include it, I'm easy with whatever you Chaps sort out as in the final analysis Attrition rates affect us all equally.

:) No problem here with however we do it. I'll let you guys decide.
Mus

Post by Mus »

I vote for Bonaparte Attrition.  It prevents people from marching willy nilly all over the place in a really unrealistic fashion. 

The supply rules make it difficult to project power deeply into enemy territory.  Thats one thing.

The march attrition prevents frivolous marching and countermarching.  Thats another thing.

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

Franck sadly may be best not to hope for Montesaurus to join, see below [:D]

Catch you all Weds

All the Best
Peter

Hi Peter,

THanks for the notice but I'm going to try and get my own game going here in the next few weeks. If You're interested let me know as I'm short about 3 players at this time.

I also noticed that the game is being run by Kingmaker. I'd rather not participate in a game run by him. Appears, from what I read that he's a control freak, with little flexibility. Plus Another player invited me to participate in a game as someone had dropped out. I had accepted when Kingmaker came on and advised the person who invited me that he had already lined up someone else. I thought this rather rude, to uninvite me, because he found someone he preferred!

Anyway, Thank!

Monte

Return to “Opponents Wanted”