Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ets have a PARTY!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> ets have a PARTY!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/7/2009 6:22:10 PM   
madgamer2

WitE, a game set at the same scale and level that WitP except that it is a land battle. After the release of WitP no now could foresee how popular it would be.
Perhaps the second most popular battle in the Second World War was the East front.
A game with the detail of WitP on the eastern battles would be a great topic for a game. It might even in development as we speak but a ways off yet. Land and sea combat are two totally different kinds of fighting but a detailed game on the East Front would be great.

This is just one of those silly thoughts that pass through my head before I fall asleep at night along with a large LAN party with AE being the other. To actually sit down ad talk to all the interesting folks here (even the ones who I disagree with would be a dream come true for me. Dreams are cool but are just dreams after all (SIGH).

Madgamer
Post #: 1
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/7/2009 6:25:40 PM   
undercovergeek

who wants to tell him?

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 2
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/7/2009 6:25:54 PM   
pasternakski

Have a party? How about let's not and just say we did.

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 3
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/7/2009 6:56:16 PM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

who wants to tell him?

How did he miss it?

Flipper

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 4
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/7/2009 7:00:28 PM   
undercovergeek

you would have thought with all the fuss and updated developer journals, threads, questions and general fanfare he must have seen something about it!

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 5
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/7/2009 7:25:52 PM   
madgamer2

SIGH!!! it looks like I missed the boat ...... again. Not to worry as I can loose my way to the john and I live in a mobile home! Someone is going to tell me what I missed, right? Don't be shy speak right up LOL.

I may have stopped playing till AE comes out but I hang out here because with only a couple of exceptions I do like the people and would like to meet some of you in person. This group has been going e=sense the game was released in 04 and keeps growing. I think its the best...period.

Madgamer

Post #: 6
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/7/2009 8:22:20 PM   
cantona2

quote:

you would have thought with all the fuss and updated developer journals, threads, questions and general fanfare he must have seen something about it!

Can you post a link please?

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

Post #: 7
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/7/2009 9:36:55 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

quote:

Can you post a link please?

http://www.2by3games.com/devjournal/journal20070104.html - pages 7/8/9

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1976794&mpage=1&key=eastern%2Cfront� - almost all are waiting

http://www.kampfgruppe.us/archive/index.php?t-6604.html

say when....... theres plenty more!!!

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 8
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/7/2009 11:58:56 PM   
madgamer2

Everybody knew about the GG east front game and perhaps it will turn out to be to the east front what WitP is for the Pacific war, we will have to see. What I was really wishing was for a WitP LAN Party. A East Front game is an East Front game but a WitP LAN Party..now that WOULD be something to tell the grand kids about. Can't you just see it hundreds of WitP game lovers all in one place...I guess such things just can't happen but its nice to think about anyway...

Madgamer

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 9
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/8/2009 1:45:19 PM   
sapper_astro

Everyone would need to move in for a few years to play it. Till 1943 that is.

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 10
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/8/2009 7:22:23 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Can you LAN up WiTP ?

For LAN parties, FPS/RTS games usually are the most fun.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to sapper_astro)
Post #: 11
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/8/2009 10:28:20 PM   
madgamer2

I would tel you where you can put your FPS/RTS games but my mother taught me not to use words like that in public LOL. I guess I was assuming that null modum or other means could be used. Can't you see a couple of thousand hot seat games going on at the same time.
I actually had in mind a more social thing where folks could show some of the third party stuff that has been created. If by some long shot it actually would happen maybe it could be worked out to play on a LAN....but I guess not...but it sure is fun thinking about it...all those people in one place and all interested in the same game....(SIGH) life is limited at times. I guess I will have to content myself with knowing you through the forum. but if any of you get up to Iowa City IA(east part of the state..Uni. Of Iowa) look me up.

Madgamer

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 12
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/9/2009 3:39:58 AM   
Jeffrey H.

You could always start your own "mini-con". A convention for only WiTP players. You might get a dozen or so folks in your area to show up.

I'm not sure if WiTP supports multi, (>2) player simultaneous play.

Hrmm. Iowa. Last time I was there was on the Western side. In a small town called Atlantic. I stayed in Council Bluffs and drove to site for a day. It was a work related trip.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 13
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/9/2009 1:05:13 PM   
madgamer2

Iowa City (the first capitol of the state) is on the eastern side of the state right off I 80 about 60 miles from the Mighty Miss. river.
Yeah a WitP Con would be fun even if all we could do was play head to head games.
It would give us a chance to meet some of the regular players and a chance for us not so good players to pick up some tips. TO bad it could not happen on the release date (whenever that is)...Its fun to think about ...several hundred WitP folks in one place and the new AE to check out. Just a dream I'm afraid as I have neither the skill to organize such a thing or the money to finance it. We have a couple of places to hold it but that's about it. ....fun to think about in my slow moments.

Madgamer

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 14
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/9/2009 7:01:10 PM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: madgamer

Iowa City (the first capitol of the state) ...fun to think about in my slow moments.

Madgamer

Yah, I was born there, so I'm kinda slow, too. I say rent the old Armory and party hearty at the Fieldhouse and the Vine ... pool at the Copper Dollar ... is Joe's International Airport still around? Been a long time since my Iowa City days.

Go Hawks ... "Scratch where it itches"

Attachment (1)

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 15
RE: ets have a PARTY!!! - 6/9/2009 8:06:25 PM   
madgamer2

Boy it has been a while as the original fieldhouse is not the same and the Old Armory is gone as is the original vine (there still is one)and you would not recognize the down town except for Iowa Book & Crook. The old post office is now a senior center and most of the buildings along the river will not be repaired but will move to new locations including the art, theater, and Hancher as well. Let me know if your ever back this way I'll buy you a cold one.

Madgamer

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> ets have a PARTY!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll