Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Chinese Collaborationist and Manchukuo forces

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Chinese Collaborationist and Manchukuo forces Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chinese Collaborationist and Manchukuo forces - 5/30/2009 4:14:15 AM   
Q-Ball

Just curious......what do the Chinese Collaborationist and Manchukuo forces look like?

In a couple WITP mods, some very low exp. troops start in Manchukuo, which look like Manchukuo forces. Only problem is that it's pretty easy to train them up to acceptable levels in a few months. Tough to model them over the whole war.

These troops are tough to model....large numbers, fine for rear area security, and pretty much melt away in any real combat.

How did you guys handle this?

Post #: 1
RE: Chinese Collaborationist and Manchukuo forces - 5/30/2009 11:44:24 AM   
Yamato hugger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

Just curious......what do the Chinese Collaborationist and Manchukuo forces look like?

In a couple WITP mods, some very low exp. troops start in Manchukuo, which look like Manchukuo forces. Only problem is that it's pretty easy to train them up to acceptable levels in a few months. Tough to model them over the whole war.

These troops are tough to model....large numbers, fine for rear area security, and pretty much melt away in any real combat.

How did you guys handle this?

Dont use them for anything but garrison troops. They have VERY low experience and a dismal replacement rate.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 2
RE: Chinese Collaborationist and Manchukuo forces - 5/30/2009 2:53:46 PM   
Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yamato hugger

Dont use them for anything but garrison troops. They have VERY low experience and a dismal replacement rate.

....which is realistic, but will they train up to acceptable experience levels like in WITP? If that Manchukuo unit sits in place for a few months in WITP, pretty soon it is in the 50s in terms of experience, equivalent to a standard IJA formation.

Will that happen in AE? At least the very low replacement rate would prevent rampant use.

(in reply to Yamato hugger)
Post #: 3
RE: Chinese Collaborationist and Manchukuo forces - 5/30/2009 3:05:28 PM   
Yamato hugger

No idea. Never got more than 6 weeks in without restarting. I DO know that a 25 experience fighter unit will train into the 70s in about 3 weeks (unless they changed that).

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Chinese Collaborationist and Manchukuo forces Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI