Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

COG EE or FoF?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> COG EE or FoF? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
COG EE or FoF? - 5/27/2009 11:48:01 PM   
aprezto

Hi team;

I have enough money, browny points, textiles and wine stashed up to afford one games purchase. I have been looking at AARs and love the idea of these two games.

Currently most of my attention is taken by WitP, which I love, so I am able to handle, and probably enjoy, that level of detail. The fact AE is (maybe???) around the corner is another reason I can't get both games.

The topics of both games interest me, but I think I would lean towards the version with the stronger PBEM ability.

Which should I buy, and sorry, can't get both - that answer doesn't qualify, and why?

Thanks for your time.
Post #: 1
RE: COG EE or FoF? - 5/28/2009 5:21:01 AM   
Mus

If your interest is PBEM I would think COG EE because theres up to 7 players. 

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 2
RE: COG EE or FoF? - 5/28/2009 8:21:46 AM   
terje439

FoF is usually faster to finish.
CoG:EE is far more fun as a Pbem imo due to so many players. Everyone backstabbing eachother, verbal threats, fixating on only the glory score (feeling robbed atm ) and not seeing the real threat etc etc

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 3
RE: COG EE or FoF? - 5/28/2009 9:26:52 PM   
aprezto

Well one of my favourite games is diplomacy. Sounds like it has elements of that in it. It's middle name is 'backstab'. To tell you the truth the tactical combat is secondary to the strategic side of the game, and I think this fits again...
Hmm, well that is definately a tick in the box of COG EE.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 4
RE: COG EE or FoF? - 5/29/2009 3:54:55 PM   
dude

Both are excellent and it can boil down to which era do you really feel like playing at the moment.  Also for me it sometimes comes down to "Do I want just two sides... or dozens?"  I've got both and love 'em.  If I had to choose just one it would be a close call but I'd probably go with COGEE just because of the varied number of sides you can play

“Ifs defeated the Confederates…” U.S.Grant

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 5
RE: COG EE or FoF? - 5/29/2009 4:08:16 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Personal opinion but if it's the PBEM you are after, then there is far less AI interference in FoF ie you get to have more control over the game, that said, Dudes point about the wider scope of CoG ie more divergant imput into the game is also a good point.

So it possibly boils down to, do you want more control or wider scope ... your Call

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to dude)
Post #: 6
RE: COG EE or FoF? - 5/30/2009 4:04:40 AM   
aprezto

Thanks for the advice, and a new game is purchased . Now, what excuse to give the wife???

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> COG EE or FoF? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI