Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

4 and 5 star generals - bonuses in DC

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> 4 and 5 star generals - bonuses in DC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4 and 5 star generals - bonuses in DC - 5/22/2009 3:49:51 AM   
Kielec

I have been wondering for quite some time whether the 4 and 5 star generals actually give any bonuses in detailed combat, aside from possible rallying the routing boyz that is.

Personally, I do not worry too much about the 5 star, as I only plan CSA, and the pain of building 10 Academies is not worth any possible bonuses from a 5 star. I think.

Anyway, my point:
In attack reports (detailed ones after a fire fight), I have noticed only the Division and Corps commanders noted as giving (Tactics) bonuses to damage. Never an Army commander. The Corps commander seems to be giving less of a bonus than the Division one, by the way.

All of that seems, sort of, logical, as the higher you are in the chain of command, the weaker your influence on the actual tactical business down on the ground. So, possibly, a 4 star general should not extend his Tactics bonus to fire damage to the troops (Brigades), unless attached directly to a Corps or Division.

Still, since I cannot find any explanation on the subject in the manual (page 176 and further), I'd like to ask for one. Does a 4 (and/or 5) star general actually influence the movement rate, fire damage etc. of the troops down the chain of command. Of course I mean a 4 star attached to an Army with Corps with Divisions. Also, how much is a Corps commander influencing the Brigades in Divisions under his command?

K.
Post #: 1
RE: 4 and 5 star generals - bonuses in DC - 5/22/2009 5:52:15 PM   
Kielec

Ehm...

Just checked again in the "changes in yellow" V1.12.2 appendix, and now, it seems, it is "only" 6 Academies and you can have your 5* general. Well, the manual keeps it at 10.

More importantly: is the 4,3 and 2 star generals ratio still as stated in the manual (page 180)?

K.

(in reply to Kielec)
Post #: 2
RE: 4 and 5 star generals - bonuses in DC - 5/22/2009 6:13:07 PM   
jscott991

I'm actually curious as to what a 5-star general is supposed to do as well.

Does he provide benefits only to his army?  All armies?

If you have a 4-star and a 5-star general in the same army, do they both provide benefits?

I'm just not sure of the point of a 5-star general.

(in reply to Kielec)
Post #: 3
RE: 4 and 5 star generals - bonuses in DC - 5/28/2009 9:17:02 PM   
ericbabe

I believe only 2 and 3- star generals should affect things like movement rates and combat bonuses.  Higher ranking generals affect the initiative check and can rally a wider range of units.

(in reply to jscott991)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> 4 and 5 star generals - bonuses in DC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI