Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

fonts color

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> fonts color Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
fonts color - 5/19/2009 1:07:19 AM   
damezzi

Do someone know how to change the color of the fonts in the situation briefing/replacement/reinforcement window?

I have changed the 'opart 3 fonts.ini' medium fonts configuration, which controls the fonts displayed in the maps and noticed that the fonts for those windows are affected by those configuration, but the color remains the same (white when using windows fonts and yellow when not). If I change the color to black, for example, the fonts on the map will display in black, but the fonts on those windows will keep their white color, even if the other attributes change together with the map fonts.

I know that when using Toaw fonts, the file which controls those colors are on a dll, but I want to change them to windows fonts and make them the same color of my map fonts (black). Is there any other file which control the color for those fonts when using windows fonts? I have tried to mess with all the colors in the fonts.ini file, but with no effect.
Post #: 1
RE: fonts color - 5/19/2009 6:50:14 AM   
Silvanski

You'll be able to customize more in the 'opart 3 fonts.ini' in 3.4

The TOAW Redux Dude

(in reply to damezzi)
Post #: 2
RE: fonts color - 5/19/2009 7:55:38 PM   
damezzi

Thanks Silvanski!

I found out how to do it. In fact, some in-game texts share the same font attributes, but not the same color; that is, medium font, for example, can use different colors, depending on it's function in the game.
It would be nice to be able to change the color of a type of font without messing with other types.

Let's wait 3.4 to see what will change. At this moment I'll do with what we have.

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 3
RE: fonts color - 5/20/2009 2:19:32 AM   
damezzi

This was the best result I could get setting the fonts attributes. Problem is that above sand or arid tiles it becomes harder to read. Anyway I prefer it than the original bitmap fonts. Those lasts make the game look old.

I wanted to use black place names, but it's not possible to set a white border. If someone was able to get a better result with windows fonts, please tell me.

I've uploaded this interface in gamesquad and game depot. I wanted to get a less sober and cleaner look. Sadly I wasn't able to get rid of those frames which divide the screen in little windows. I could change their look, but not get rid of them. That would be another welcome tip.

http://forums.gamesquad.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2067

Games Depot file still in approval process.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to damezzi)
Post #: 4
RE: fonts color - 5/20/2009 8:30:23 AM   
EagleMountainDK

It sure look new and fresh 

(in reply to damezzi)
Post #: 5
RE: fonts color - 5/20/2009 4:06:22 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: damezzi

This was the best result I could get setting the fonts attributes. Problem is that above sand or arid tiles it becomes harder to read.

White placenames may also be a problem above snow tiles.

(in reply to damezzi)
Post #: 6
RE: fonts color - 5/21/2009 7:04:58 PM   
damezzi

Thanks Cougar!

Curtis, you must be right, even if I didn't test it above snow. Yet, on this moment I'm a bit tired of those jagged edge fonts. I can always point at the hex to see the place name and I get a cleaner map. Anyway, changing fonts is a very easy procedure.

If only the font outline worked well with small fonts. I don't know why the outline doesn't fill the edges... the same one pixel outline works very well in most paint software packages, as shown below.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 7
RE: fonts color - 5/21/2009 10:39:17 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

This looks like a huge improvement.

(in reply to damezzi)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> fonts color Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI