Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mental block

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Mental block Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mental block - 5/4/2009 10:04:56 AM   
JudgeDredd

Sorry, but I have a mental block with how you have programmed your buttons and from what I read in the manual doesn't make it any clearer...

These "toggle" buttons you have (for example Foraging or supply)...how do they work? For example...is the unit in supply when the button shows the supply caisson, or is the unit in supply when you click the supply caisson (and it then turns to a picture for foraging)?

I had (and still do) have the same problem with your Simple/Detailed economy. I would much rather your button said something like "Click to supply this unit" and "Click to change this unit to Foraging"..."Click to use Standard Economy" and "Switch to use Detailed Economy"

Seriously, i have a mental block on these buttons and every time I use them, I'm going through the same question in my head that I asked above...every time! "Is the unit in supply because the supply caisson is showing or is it telling me to click the supply caisson to put the unit in supply" and round and round I go
Post #: 1
RE: Mental block - 5/4/2009 10:50:45 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Know the feeling JD, go with the Icon, i.e. if it shows a sheaf of Wheat, your boys are out stealing chickens and committing sexual atrocities on the local livestock ... there were a lot of frustrated Farmers daughters in those days!

If a wagon shows then your boys are all in their best ‘Bib & Tucker’ queuing up nicely in line for goodies from the Wagons.

Hope that helps.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 2
RE: Mental block - 5/4/2009 5:51:50 PM   
barbarossa2

I agree with Judge kind of.  It would be nice if some kind of hover tool made this clear.  But Kingmaker's explanation makes sense as well--it is how I play too.  But it would still be nice with hover tips. :)

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 3
RE: Mental block - 5/4/2009 6:36:21 PM   
JudgeDredd

Yeah...thx for that Kingmaker. I will try and keep that in mind...but I'm pretty sure I'll load my game and go "So...because the supply caisson is showing, does that mean "Click me to supply", or does it mean they are already supplied!"" I just know I will!

Then I'll have to come running back to the forum to find this post!

(in reply to barbarossa2)
Post #: 4
RE: Mental block - 5/4/2009 7:25:02 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Then I'll have to come running back to the forum to find this post!

This may help JD, may not, but what I did for FoF and am gonna do for this game as well, is set up a Word document, something like CoG ‘Bits & Bobs’ where I can Cut & Paste useful snippets and, “Hellfire I must remember that!” stuff, (which of course I don’t ) from the Forums.

One of the probs I found is that when you really need something mentioned on the Forums you can never find the bugger in a hurry, so, by having all your little memory aids lodged on a Word doc, you can just simply go there and looksee; as an additional refinement you can also C&P the link to the relevant Thread beneath the Snippet, useful on long threads covering different points

Give it a try see if it works for you.

All the Best
Peter

< Message edited by Kingmaker -- 5/4/2009 7:26:15 PM >

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 5
RE: Mental block - 5/4/2009 9:35:05 PM   
06 Maestro

Yep, I have the same dilemma, but with the "Seek" or "Avoid" battle buttons. My own test are inconclusive.

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 6
RE: Mental block - 5/4/2009 11:45:56 PM   
Russian Guard

Remember it this way - "what you see is what you get". So if you see "seek battle" you are seeking battle. If you see a wagon, you are providing supply, if you see a stalk of wheat, you need to go cut some wheat to feed the troops ;-)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 7
RE: Mental block - 5/5/2009 7:26:46 AM   
JudgeDredd

Nice one Russian Guard...who can't remember WYSIWYG (pronounced wisiwig )

Now that has made the difference...what you see is what you get. I know the phrase well and everytime I see a button, that will jump out at me.

Thx all...sorted.

(in reply to Russian Guard)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Mental block Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI