Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Doublecross: Allied Perspective

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> After Action Reports >> RE: Doublecross: Allied Perspective Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Doublecross: Allied Perspective - 6/16/2009 12:01:56 AM   
Chocolino

February 16th, 1945

Our landing force for Denmark is underway. We hope that there are no surprises such as some remaining Axis naval units popping up from nowhere to intercept. Amphibious operations are always hazardous. But if we fail we just have to try again since we are not prepared for airborne operations and buying new units now will mean we cannot use them for about 5 turns including placement, transfer to Europe and the obligatory 3-turn wait after movement. We are happy though the the British make a first step in opening up the Italian deadlock near Venice. US tanks will be also on the scene shortly.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chocolino)
Post #: 151
RE: Doublecross: Allied Perspective - 6/17/2009 2:06:03 AM   
Chocolino

March 1st, 1945

Copenhagen, the last German outpost, falls after amphibious landing and heavy bombing.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chocolino)
Post #: 152
RE: Doublecross: Allied Perspective - 6/17/2009 2:13:26 AM   
Chocolino

After the fall of Germany the remaining Axis powers Italy and Persia have sued for peace and we have offered them honorable terms.

This concludes this AAR and I want to thank my opponent Etienne Gaudreau for the second great game of RtV. If anything I have enjoyed this second installment more than the first since it was a more mobile game without too long periods of static front line. Even though the Western Allies will win the VP count, the most memorable moment of the game for me was the fall of Stalingrad, something that was new to this game so far at this setting and has not been achieved by the Axis players before. I draw my hat.

(in reply to Chocolino)
Post #: 153
RE: Doublecross: Allied Perspective - 6/17/2009 4:57:00 AM   
cpdeyoung

A very enjoyable game to watch. Thanks for all your effort in this AAR.

I suspect Gary will give you some more practice in defending the Soviet Union!

Chuck

(in reply to Chocolino)
Post #: 154
RE: Doublecross: Allied Perspective - 6/17/2009 10:11:04 PM   
Chocolino

Chuck,

I certainly need the practice....

But I also wanted to thank you once more for detecting the Tallin convoy problem earlier during this game that almost prevented us from continuing. I would have never been able to find or detect it in the game files.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 155
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> After Action Reports >> RE: Doublecross: Allied Perspective Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI