Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Peace with a Minor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Peace with a Minor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Peace with a Minor - 4/28/2009 4:05:36 AM   
06 Maestro

I am playing as Sweden in the 1792 campaign ((start #3). I've had a problem with Denmark just moving into my territory, so I declared war on them. I have trashed their army several times, there fleet is a bit more skillful (or I'm a lousy admiral)having beat me twice and one narrow, but costly victory for me.

This war has dragged on for a over a year. I assume I could invade and really beat Denmark, but I would rather not at this point. So, I would like to make peace. It seems that only the major powers have access to all the main treaties. The only thing I found that I could apply is to ask for a truce-which Denmark refuses.

Can someone point me to the correct option?

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

Post #: 1
RE: Peace with a Minor - 4/28/2009 4:28:41 AM   
barbarossa2

Dear Maestro,

Unfortunately, this is precisely what happened to me when I was playing Sweden. :)  There is nothing you can do about a minor moving through your territory, but declare all out war on them and annex their butts.

I hope that a future version of the game will allow players to issue ultimatums to minor nations as well as major ones.  But for now, you can either ignore it, or just move in and annex them.  Or invade them and then turn them into a protectorate.

-B2

My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 2
RE: Peace with a Minor - 4/28/2009 4:42:08 AM   
06 Maestro

Thank you, Barbarossa.

Ok, so I will go for the big win. My rational was that I did not want to get a border with Prussia as they don't like Sweden already-no need to stir them up. I was sort of wanting just to watch the big action from the sidelines while leaning the other aspects of the game.

In my seveal attempts in the game today (each with Sweden in 1792) Prussia and the Austrian Empire are the big winners. In one, France was forced to surrender and Prussia took Paris.

I will see how I fair against Prussia. Frederick the Great is dead, isn't he-I hope.

And yes, I agree that there should be some additional diplomatic options with the minor countries-especially if they can invade major powers.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to barbarossa2)
Post #: 3
RE: Peace with a Minor - 4/28/2009 2:59:44 PM   
Mr. Z

Just to clarify, minor powers cannot declare war on you and invade--when at peace, if they are independent their armies can move through your territory (just as you can move through theirs).

You can declare war on them, though, in which case they will fight.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 4
RE: Peace with a Minor - 4/28/2009 3:26:52 PM   
LarryP

I have played Sweden in 1792 many times and what I have done is use my Diplomat set to Charm. They stopped having troops in my provinces soon after. It's an enemy troop that stops your production in your province if standing there, so unless you are at war with Denmark your production should not be affected as they are not an enemy.

I've also chosen to ignore them and sent my Diplomat to the south instead, and soon they disappeared too.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 4/28/2009 3:28:32 PM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 5
RE: Peace with a Minor - 4/28/2009 5:39:34 PM   
06 Maestro

Thanks guy's, for the info. I know I saw in a province list that Sweden had 2 provinces that were under occupation-and that is where the Danes were at. I can't really remember what was, if there was one, the penalty. I thought there was one-perhaps I'm wrong.

I utilized the Barbarossa method to correct this untidy situation-I crushed Denmark. It did wonders for my Glory. It put me into 3rd or 4th place from 5th and 6th place. There were a lot of angry faces in the Diplomatic window for a while.

Larry-I will try your method the next time.

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 4/28/2009 5:41:24 PM >

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Peace with a Minor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI