Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: cost of buying from matrix

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: cost of buying from matrix Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: cost of buying from matrix - 5/14/2009 2:46:19 PM   
SuluSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

You have to remember there have been those at this website who claim that they would be willing to pay hundreds of dollars for WITP, and yet haven't given Matrix an extra dime for buying it.

Am I correct in assuming you believe only bitter people or folks that like to gripe and moan are allowed to post their thoughts on a title?

Whatever the cost of AE I'll be buying it. If it costs $200 I'll be making a purchase of the game the day it's released.

quote:

I think the intent is to try to claim the price for WITP was cheap, so somebody else shouldn't hesitate to buy it,

And this benefits the person taking time to write this how? Another school of thought could be some who have made the purchase are happy with the replay value that WITP gives, I was a skeptic myself until I took the plunge during the Christmas sale and saw that the game is worth much more than I paid for it. I expect the same for AE. Whatever Matrix asks for the title they'll be shortchanging themselves considering the level of work put into the game and competence of the team members. From the outside looking in it looks like their labor of love.

quote:

but, naturally, until you see them do precisely what those sort of people say, you know they're judgement is lousy.

Thanks for the chuckle.

(in reply to Charles_22)
Post #: 91
RE: cost of buying from matrix - 5/14/2009 10:51:13 PM   
105mm Howitzer

I'm with you. I'm strapped for cash but I don't mind paying an extra $10 for the customer service Matrix offers.

My feelings exactly, and I'm speaking from experience. I posted a ( pretty desperate) thread explaining how Digital River AGAIN seemed to have lost my M.O. Erik came out of nowhere, and offered his time to try and solve my problem...Hot damn, 72 hours later, my order has been processed. Today, I received the game. Did I pay a lot ? Probably, compared to what this would cost out of China ( or Bagladesh, Malaysia, etc..) Am I satisfied ? Hell yes....Service is still king for a lot of people, even if it costs a little more. Would I get this response from some Chinese sweatshop? You answer that one.
Cheers
Mc

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Publius Renatus, 390 A.D.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 92
RE: cost of buying from matrix - 5/15/2009 2:44:11 AM   
Charles_22

quote:

Am I correct in assuming you believe only bitter people or folks that like to gripe and moan are allowed to post their thoughts on a title?

Whatever the cost of AE I'll be buying it. If it costs $200 I'll be making a purchase of the game the day it's released.
You got me completely wrong on that one. I was basically complaining against those who try to persuade others to buy beyond their means, just because they claim they're willing to pay hundreds of dollars, as though there's some prize to be awarded for bragging how much one would be willing to pay, and yet don't have the conviction to back their brags by contributing to Matrix the amount -over- what the company will charge. It's a very hollow brag if Matrix doesn't get any more money out of such a person, because if one limits one's self to what the company will charge, and claim you will meet it, any fool knows they're not going to ask hundreds of dollars for it. End result achieves just making those of lesser means feel like a heel, but putting a little thought into the reality of all that bragging, should get them to being ashamed of such people instead.

quote:

And this benefits the person taking time to write this how? Another school of thought could be some who have made the purchase are happy with the replay value that WITP gives, I was a skeptic myself until I took the plunge during the Christmas sale and saw that the game is worth much more than I paid for it.
Actually, I found the opposite to be the case, but let's see what further you have said.
quote:

I expect the same for AE. Whatever Matrix asks for the title they'll be shortchanging themselves considering the level of work put into the game and competence of the team members. From the outside looking in it looks like their labor of love.

How does it benefit the braggart? Oh, it must give them a sense of superiority. Either that, or more likely they think the hobby will be benefitted by more copies being sold by such pressure. You can be happy with a purchase, many do so, without bragging how much one would put into somebody else's pocket, and then not doing so, because nothing is stopping them from doing just that. In fact, if AE costs $50, and you're keen on sales being built, why not put your money where your mouth is and not only give them the $200 you claim you would pay by donating as I thought before, but better yet, why not buy 4 copies? Come on, you can start a tidal wave of people backing their brags!

quote:

Thanks for the chuckle.
Glad to do it.

< Message edited by Charles_22 -- 5/15/2009 2:46:31 AM >

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 93
RE: cost of buying from matrix - 5/15/2009 9:15:12 AM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

I was not suggesting anything, I simply responded to Perturabo comment below and his position of “Whatever” I want cheap or no support !

China or bust…………………

It's not cheap. I still have to work more than a westerner to buy them. The book is two times less expensive, but the wages in the west are more than two times higher.

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 94
RE: cost of buying from matrix - 5/15/2009 12:34:13 PM   
SuluSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

You got me completely wrong on that one. I was basically complaining against those who try to persuade others to buy beyond their means, just because they claim they're willing to pay hundreds of dollars, as though there's some prize to be awarded for bragging how much one would be willing to pay,

I'm buying beyond my means, I save to get the titles I want.

quote:

and yet don't have the conviction to back their brags by contributing to Matrix the amount -over- what the company will charge. It's a very hollow brag if Matrix doesn't get any more money out of such a person, because if one limits one's self to what the company will charge, and claim you will meet it, any fool knows they're not going to ask hundreds of dollars for it. End result achieves just making those of lesser means feel like a heel, but putting a little thought into the reality of all that bragging, should get them to being ashamed of such people instead.

You call it bragging? I can't speak for anyone else but coming from me it's written in the spirit of appreaciation for the work and effort that Matrix, the developers, artists and testers put forth. Some people are happy with their purchases and convey it by using the forum. They are as valid as the people that piss and moan about things .

quote:

Actually, I found the opposite to be the case, but let's see what further you have said.

Who was it that said " if everyone thinks alike someone is not thinking"? You're certainly entitled to your opinion however I think your accusations against other members of this forum are false.

quote:

How does it benefit the braggart? Oh, it must give them a sense of superiority. Either that, or more likely they think the hobby will be benefitted by more copies being sold by such pressure. You can be happy with a purchase, many do so, without bragging how much one would put into somebody else's pocket, and then not doing so, because nothing is stopping them from doing just that. In fact, if AE costs $50, and you're keen on sales being built, why not put your money where your mouth is and not only give them the $200 you claim you would pay by donating as I thought before, but better yet, why not buy 4 copies? Come on, you can start a tidal wave of people backing their brags!

I'll pay whatever Matrix asks for the titles I want. I've been saving for AE since Christmas and am prepared to pay whatever the cost will be, I am not financially able to pay more than what is asked. However I do own 2 copies of Uncommon Valor, which is another game I feel is worth more than double the price Matrix asks. The price of the title will be shaped by what Matrix feels they can get for it from the masses that purchase wargames and not neccesarily what they feel AEs worth. Anyone who has been following the AE production even a little bit knows what kind of effort has been put forth by the people working on the project.

From reading your tone and accusations against others and myself in this thread and others I'm suprised to read in your profile an interest of cathlocism. Good luck with that.

Have a great day this thread has run its course for me.

< Message edited by SuluSea -- 5/15/2009 12:40:37 PM >

(in reply to Charles_22)
Post #: 95
RE: cost of buying from matrix - 5/15/2009 1:33:10 PM   
Erik Rutins

Ok, it seems we've crossed the line from detached discussion to getting personal. As a reminder, this forum does not allow personal attacks and both politics and religion are topics to stay away from.

I think the tack this discussion has taken is not really a productive one and the productive ground has probably been covered on previous pages, so I'm locking this up.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 96
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: cost of buying from matrix Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI