Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hidden Task Forces

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Hidden Task Forces Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hidden Task Forces - 4/23/2009 7:14:15 PM   
Jagdtiger14

Excuse me if this has been discussed in some past thread. This is a naval option that I would never consider playing FtF, but I think would be very do-able in MWiF. Was any thought given to including this possible option? Would it be difficult to program? Might it be considered in some future add on?
Thanks,
C

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Post #: 1
RE: Hidden Task Forces - 4/23/2009 8:18:34 PM   
composer99

I know some sort of more expansive fog-of-war system has been discussed for inclusion for future versions. I don't think the hidden task forces is part of MWiF but I a not certain(the complete set of optional rules in MWiF is in the "Options" thread, currently active, I think).

I wonder if including hidden task forces, because in MWiF they are infinitely expandable, might remove some (though not all, to be sure) of the debate surrounding in-the-presence-of-the-enemy that we've seen on the wifdiscussion list?

~ Composer99

(in reply to Jagdtiger14)
Post #: 2
RE: Hidden Task Forces - 4/23/2009 8:58:30 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: composer99

I know some sort of more expansive fog-of-war system has been discussed for inclusion for future versions. I don't think the hidden task forces is part of MWiF but I a not certain(the complete set of optional rules in MWiF is in the "Options" thread, currently active, I think).

I wonder if including hidden task forces, because in MWiF they are infinitely expandable, might remove some (though not all, to be sure) of the debate surrounding in-the-presence-of-the-enemy that we've seen on the wifdiscussion list?

Hidden task forces is not part of MWIF product 1. There are many implementation issues, as enumerated in the Fog of War discussion.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Hidden Task Forces Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI