Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/23/2009 6:00:27 AM   
Mad Russian

I like to play Japan. For me personally, they offer the most challenge of any nation in the game.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Post #: 1
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/23/2009 7:05:08 AM   
bredsjomagnus

I´ve only played a few facist tide scenarios, we are only two that plays so the big scenarios are to big. But I think that Japan would be very fun MP to play. With MWiF I get the chance to try it out.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 2
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/23/2009 7:27:48 AM   
christo

I tend to play only the Fascist Tide senario due to time and foom constraints. That having been said, the CW is a lot of fun. Generally unlikely to be seriously attacked on land. The naval battles are predictable "I'm going to lose convoys but I know to build them and then build some more and more". They are in constant play from the start and the never ending bomber stream heading to Germany can really frustrate him and distract him from his main quarry.
The USA for similar reasons could be fun but it is just too long before they are in the game and in Fascist Tide their production is much less.

Christo

Post #: 3
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/23/2009 12:39:40 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

I like to play Japan. For me personally, they offer the most challenge of any nation in the game.

Good Hunting.

MR

1) The CW, because it is the locomotive who drives the wallies come back. Said differently, the CW plants the seeds that will later allow for USA sheer power to be applied efficiently. The CW is active from day 1, and is pivotal in any allied success. The CW alone is nothing, it can barely conquer Italy, but the USA alone is nothing too, it lacks the widespread aspect of the CW. The CW is everywhere and its basis allow for the USA power to push the Germans back.

2) Japan, because of the challenge to beat the USN in the Pacific, or at least to resist the steamroller once it is started. Nearly 100% planning. Also have good opportunities for surprising campaigns in Middle East.

Post #: 4
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/23/2009 2:32:31 PM   
composer99

(1) The Commonwealth, because I have a sentimental attachment.

(2) The USA, because I enjoy controlling the Big Green Machine. ("Please don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.")

~ Composer99

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 5
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/23/2009 2:33:59 PM   
chacal83000

Italians !!!

Smallest, easy conquered, hideous ARMs, poor INFs , bad economy, need German player to help a lot, but lot of fun !

You can do so much nasty tricks, you can even force your big brother in grey to help you out from one or two 'easy' points, or called so : North africa, Yugo.... You have a decent Navy to play with. You can construct funny things : (frogmen, para etc...) and use them !
You can visit pyramids, paris, russian front, iraq, spain, maybe even elsewhere !

Engage the italian Army, join the Fun !

And if you loose you can always say that it's the German player fault because he hasn't commited enough for you, he should have listen you when urging for a bigger Afrika Korps....

--
Ludwik

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 6
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/23/2009 4:09:30 PM   
willycube

quote:

Good Hunting.

MR

MR can you win as Japan or is it a kind of hang in there to the bell rings? And what constitutes victory in WIF for Japan. In other computer games I play as Japan it is imperative for Japan to move fast which can lead to some bad mistakes, Is it advisable to take the Pacific Islands as Japan, Guam, Wake, etc? Do you feel there is a time line to adhere to like the capture of Manila as close to the date that it fell in reality in the Pacific war. Did you ever try to take Oahu or any of the other Hawaiian islands? Is it feasible to do so, I would think the rewards would be to take it at any cost. I am just starting to work on you sharpen up your stratigies PLEASE.

Willy

Post #: 7
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/23/2009 7:27:48 PM   
gridley

As an all around nation I would have to agree, Japan is Great Fun and probably my favorite. This goes for most grand strategy games not just WiF.

Other Countries though have thier moments.

I love playing the Russians on those impulses where you find yourself saying "I just need one more friggin' unit"...and of course their isn't one.

CW is fun because as mentioned earlier, the US may have the the Punch but the CW paves the way. I love having a bunch of TRS and AMPH's and just being an all around pest.

Germans will probably be fun again. Near the end of our stretch of playing, the Germans were pretty much predictable. Now I have to figure out what exactly we did all over again. As well, when MWiF is released we'll probably see other strategies we hadn't either thought of or if we did we may see them played out better...I doubt that last one though.

Gridley

Post #: 8
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/23/2009 9:44:38 PM   
brian brian

I can't pick from Japan, Italy, and Russia. I like playing Russia and baiting the Germans into a 41 Barb....suddenly focuses every player on the main struggle.

(in reply to gridley)
Post #: 9
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/23/2009 11:05:50 PM   
Sewerlobster

1) Germany.
It starts with the strategic initiative, and the Axis can not win if Germany does poorly.

2) CW
Ok doesn't start with the initiative but is almost immediately in contention. So easy to get disjointed, challenging.

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 10
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/24/2009 1:37:38 AM   
OzHawkeye2

Well, I can't talk about WiF specifically, but from other games it is:

1. Germany - obviously having the strategic initiative from the get-go makes for a more interesting game.

2. Russia - repelling Germany is a huge task.

3. Japan - in a horrible position really, a tough play.

(in reply to Sewerlobster)
Post #: 11
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/24/2009 2:20:17 AM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: willycube

quote:

Good Hunting.

MR

MR can you win as Japan or is it a kind of hang in there to the bell rings? And what constitutes victory in WIF for Japan.

Japan by herself cannot win. But I think that's true of the Axis as a whole. You can't lose a major axis country and still win in my experience. MAYBE you could lose Italy, and still get an Axis win, but I'm not really sure that's possible either.

We play side victories and not countries. What that means is that Japan, Italy or Germany doesn't win, the Axis does.

quote:

In other computer games I play as Japan it is imperative for Japan to move fast which can lead to some bad mistakes, Is it advisable to take the Pacific Islands as Japan, Guam, Wake, etc?

Japan can do one of three things.

1) Take out China. Meaning at least cripple them, if not make them surrender.
2) Take on the US forces in the Pacific. Do massive damage to US held areas.
3) Add the rest of the Pacific in some form of military resource allocation. In other words, you invade the Dutch East Indies, Indo China...etc. while you do either 1 or 2.

You MUST choose either 1 or 2 from the very first turn of the game as Japan. You can't do both. If you go to China you start a militarization of the Imperial Japanese Army. If you go against the US you start a militarization of the Imperial Japanese Navy.

You can't do both. IMO, if you try doing both you won't accomplish either 1 or 2 and Japan will be out of the war early.

quote:

Do you feel there is a time line to adhere to like the capture of Manila as close to the date that it fell in reality in the Pacific war.

Or strategic group takes what they are given. Of course you would like for certain things to be done by a certain time but we don't push that. That can get you in deep trouble if you're not careful.
Having a player trying for all the objectives, in historical order, will find them ambushed at some point along the way in a battle they should be nowhere near and losing it badly.

quote:

Did you ever try to take Oahu or any of the other Hawaiian islands?

No. I've never tried to take Hawaii. There is very little reward for investment for taking Hawaii. Very high risk, not so much to gain.

quote:

Is it feasible to do so, I would think the rewards would be to take it at any cost. I am just starting to work on you sharpen up your stratigies PLEASE.

Willy

It's possible. Whether or not you want to take the risk is another story. You want a winner take all naval battle early? Winner take all is only a US result. If Japan wins the US will be back in another year to do it all over again. If Japan loses the war will be over in about another year or so. IMO, it's not worth it.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 4/24/2009 2:21:22 AM >

(in reply to willycube)
Post #: 12
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/24/2009 3:13:27 AM   
willycube

Thank you MR for your observations of Japans play I stand corrected on sides as compared to individual countries victories, you used the word militarization of Japans Army or the Navy, could you please explain the difference why one service would be more militarizied than the other depending where you applied your strength either against China or the U.S. Navy, is that some kind of bonus in WIF. Also If you took Oahu and Pearl Harbor with it would this not give you a great seaport that connects to three sea areas. And also wouldn't it deprive the US from a staging base to do some island hopping from 1943 on. I am not saying it would be easy to take Oahu but I would think it would be a major blow to the US Pacific war. Just an observation not sure it would mean a hill of beans in the long run against the budding US power. Not sure how supply would be affected if the US decided not to take Hawaii back and just bypassed it and went on to take Guam Saipan etc. I assume fleets are always in supply so maybe its no big deal.

Willy

Post #: 13
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/24/2009 3:18:51 AM   
SLAAKMAN

I play Germany and Italy as one force and coordinate as much of their ops as closely as possible. Their priorities should be to link up with Japan, disrupt Russia, hamstring the Commonwealth on a broad scale and delay the US as much as they can. (other than this I wont give it away since I intend to roll over Mad Russian in the near future. Good thing he revealed his hand.)  

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

Post #: 14
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/24/2009 3:23:30 AM   
Mad Russian

quote:

Thank you MR for your observations of Japans play I stand corrected on sides as compared to individual countries victories, you used the word militarization of Japans Army or the Navy, could you please explain the difference why one service would be more militarizied than the other depending where you applied your strength either against China or the U.S. Navy, is that some kind of bonus in WIF.

You either build up the army to go to China or you build up the navy to go after the US. Those are your two options.

quote:

Also If you took Oahu and Pearl Harbor with it would this not give you a great seaport that connects to three sea areas. And also wouldn't it deprive the US from a staging base to do some island hopping from 1943 on.

You get one year and then the US is coming to take it back. With the pipeline full where they can fight that battle over and over again until they win it. Japan can't afford to be tied down to a single defensive area if she plans on winning. All that is at Pearl is the naval base. It's good for a few turns but the US will get it back and break the back of whatever IJN forces are there when they do. To me personally I have other places to go that are not so easily attacked as Hawaii is from the US. I like to make the US at least have to guess where my forces are and make them fight battle I might have a chance at winning.

quote:

I am not saying it would be easy to take Oahu but I would think it would be a major blow to the US Pacific war.

It would be a psychological blow but not much of a military one. Nothing much hurts the US.

quote:

Just an observation not sure it would mean a hill of beans in the long run against the budding US power. Not sure how supply would be affected if the US decided not to take Hawaii back and just bypassed it and went on to take Guam Saipan etc. I assume fleets are always in supply so maybe its no big deal.

Willy

It's a big deal but not something the US can't deal with. What makes it more of a big deal is that the IJN can't afford to lose that battle no matter how many times it's fought and the USN can.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to willycube)
Post #: 15
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/24/2009 3:31:14 AM   
willycube

quote:

ORIGINAL: composer99

(1) The Commonwealth, because I have a sentimental attachment.

(2) The USA, because I enjoy controlling the Big Green Machine. ("Please don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.")

Composer get angry will you we need some anger in this country right now [wont go into that right now] I would rather play Germany then any other country because I believe it is Germany who sets the pace early in most war games not sure about WIF, I like what ifs like the Axis winning WW2, too bad they dont have one of the Little Big horn I would be Yellow Hair and the 7th Calvary then again maybe not. Come on composer do a what if when you get the game and let me know what happened say in the year 2012 when your finished.

Willy

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 16
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/24/2009 2:48:02 PM   
micheljq

I always though that if Japan would take Honolulu, that would delay the U.S. very much, because it can be troublesome to take it back.

But I guess they can simply use Pago Pago as a base or use Australia/New Guinea and advance on Japan from there.

(in reply to willycube)
Post #: 17
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/24/2009 6:24:26 PM   
composer99

quote:

quote:

Also If you took Oahu and Pearl Harbor with it would this not give you a great seaport that connects to three sea areas. And also wouldn't it deprive the US from a staging base to do some island hopping from 1943 on.

You get one year and then the US is coming to take it back. With the pipeline full where they can fight that battle over and over again until they win it. Japan can't afford to be tied down to a single defensive area if she plans on winning. All that is at Pearl is the naval base. It's good for a few turns but the US will get it back and break the back of whatever IJN forces are there when they do. To me personally I have other places to go that are not so easily attacked as Hawaii is from the US. I like to make the US at least have to guess where my forces are and make them fight battle I might have a chance at winning.

I would contend that taking Pearl Harbour is valuable for Japan. Quite simply it buys you time and space.

The longer the US is mucking around re-taking Honolulu, the less time they have to muck around in Japan's rear areas. Furthermore, the distance between the US and Hawaii is great enough that simply picking up units on the US west coast and invading Honolulu is a risky business. To do it properly requires time and effort, time and effort well-spent from Japan's point of view as it is not being spent somewhere more dangerous. To be sure, Japan must make the effort to prevent the US from using either Pago Pago or Australia as effective advance bases, however the former's ease of isolation and the latter's considerable distance from the US help rather than hinder Japan (and of course, it can attempt to conquer both).

~ Composer99

Post #: 18
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/24/2009 6:29:55 PM   
Froonp

quote:

Japan by herself cannot win. But I think that's true of the Axis as a whole. You can't lose a major axis country and still win in my experience. MAYBE you could lose Italy, and still get an Axis win, but I'm not really sure that's possible either.

What ???
I won as Japan, by Japanself alone.
And I made the Axis side win by achieving that !

Sure Japan can win.

In 2001, our game XII, the scores were :
Japan + Italy +10
Germany +3
CW 0
USA + China + France -5
USSR + Comm China -9

In 1999, our game IX, the score were :

Italy + Japan +16 (21 objectives)
Germany +4
USSR + Comm. China -4
USA + China + France -6
CW -11

In 1945 I was holding Egypt, Aden, and I was conquering Persia. The Pacific was quiet, as the USA was in deep troubles in Europe with France only liberated during the last turn of the game, and suffered some sore setbacks having done wrong choices in his axis of penetration in my co-prosperity sphere .

Post #: 19
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/24/2009 7:27:27 PM   
coregames

quote:

In the game we just completed, on the last turn, the Russians completely conquered the Japanese. He was the one in Tokyo so the spoils of our group effort went to him, and he shared the individual victory with the Germans. The sad part was we had not even liberated Paris yet . The Axis won the game narrowly when the Russian drive on Warsaw sputtered out (an OC and he rolled a 1). It was the most dominant Russia we've seen overall, but we still lost, due in large part to the near conquest of the UK that kept the CW from having the amphibs necessary for a sufficient D-Day.

Oh, and the CW is my favorite power to play. They have to fight alone between the fall of France and the entry of the Russians or Americans, making them a great challenge. For the Axis I love Italy, because it was the only power with which I was able to win the individual victory (I had six objectives at the end).

< Message edited by coregames -- 4/24/2009 7:34:58 PM >

"The creative combination lays bare the presumption of a lie." -- Lasker

Keith Henderson

Post #: 20
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/24/2009 11:56:40 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: coregames
For the Axis I love Italy, because it was the only power with which I was able to win the individual victory (I had six objectives at the end).

I prefer reading that than reading about players not caring about achieving something with Italy, and only optimizing Germany + Italy as a team led by Germany with only Germany's interests in mind.

This is great !

(in reply to coregames)
Post #: 21
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/25/2009 2:05:02 AM   
gridley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp

I prefer reading that than reading about players not caring about achieving something with Italy, and only optimizing Germany + Italy as a team led by Germany with only Germany's interests in mind.

This is great !

I bet with MWiF you will see a lot more Italy Playing for Italy. It will be a lot easier to ignore the pleas of the German when he lives a half a world away instead of sitting in the same room.

That being said it will be easier for the German to ignore the Italia Pleas too.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 22
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/25/2009 4:18:08 AM   
Mad Russian

quote:

quote:

What ???

Sure Japan can win.

Japan + Italy +10
Germany +3
CW 0
USA + China + France -5
USSR + Comm China -9

Germany +4
USSR + Comm. China -4
USA + China + France -6
CW -11

In 1945 I was holding Egypt, Aden, and I was conquering Persia. The Pacific was quiet, as the USA was in deep troubles in Europe with France only liberated during the last turn of the game, and suffered some sore setbacks having done wrong choices in his axis of penetration in my co-prosperity sphere .

Here's a news flash for you. If Germany and Italy have surrendered Japan has no chance.

Japan can not win by herself.

None of the Axis countries can.

But I would have loved to see you holding Egypt and Aden with Japanese troops I bet that was one heck of a fight!

Japan didn't win that game Germany did. If the US was in deep trouble in Europe ant Pacific was QUIET....Japan reaped the benefits of Germany's good play not her own.

NO AXIS COUNTRY CAN WIN ALONE.....none of them.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 23
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/25/2009 4:43:22 AM   
christo

quote:

quote:

quote:

What ???

Sure Japan can win.

Japan + Italy +10
Germany +3
CW 0
USA + China + France -5
USSR + Comm China -9

Germany +4
USSR + Comm. China -4
USA + China + France -6
CW -11

Here's a news flash for you. If Germany and Italy have surrendered Japan has no chance.

But I would have loved to see you holding Egypt and Aden with Japanese troops I bet that was one heck of a fight!

Japan didn't win that game Germany did. If the US was in deep trouble in Europe ant Pacific was QUIET....Japan reaped the benefits of Germany's good play not her own.

Good Hunting.

MR

Same goes for any of the Allied powers. If the USSR is defeated then the allies have no hope etc etc.

NO COUNTRY OF ANY SIDE CAN WIN ALONE

Post #: 24
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/25/2009 8:14:52 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: christo

quote:

quote:

quote:

What ???

Sure Japan can win.

Japan + Italy +10
Germany +3
CW 0
USA + China + France -5
USSR + Comm China -9

Germany +4
USSR + Comm. China -4
USA + China + France -6
CW -11

Good Hunting.

MR

Same goes for any of the Allied powers. If the USSR is defeated then the allies have no hope etc etc.

NO COUNTRY OF ANY SIDE CAN WIN ALONE

That kind of depends on the opponents. On what they do and how they play.

I once played a Global War game that started bad for Japan in China. Western Allies started a buildplan with alot of carriers and other units to take care of Japan. Meanwhile Germany and Italy put presure on CW in the Mediterranian so the Allies shifted their focus and their build towards the European front. When US entered the war Japan had less success than normal against heavy resistance. US started to send alot of units towards Europe and with CW made some invasions. The Western Allies saw a chance to liberate France and maybe even get Germany so they put all their efforts toward Europe.

The turns (maybe a year) went and all the Allies still had all their focus on a slowly crumbling Germany. Meanwhile Japan slowly started to make progress. Still no Allied reinforcements to the pacific front.

After 2 years of war with the US the Japan got bored with no real action. He had captured all he wanted to capture since a year back. Except in China where it was a stalemate. So Japan made an invasion of India and was soon close to conquer India. That made the Western Allies react. But with all units and all build focused for an European war they decided to just send enough reinforcement to stop the Japanese advance in India. The still felt that Germany was just another offensive away to break.

When the game ended Germany was close to crushed. Mainland Italy was not yet invaded. Japan still had ALL of its pacific conquests except India. Raboul, Singapore, NEI, Phillipines and even Ceylon was still Japan controlled.

You can ofc claim that Japan wouldn't have won this game without the fight Germany and Italy gave the Allies so Japan got the space it needed for a win.

< Message edited by Orm -- 4/25/2009 8:16:14 AM >

(in reply to christo)
Post #: 25
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/25/2009 12:59:28 PM   
Mad Russian

The one strategy that wins every time for the Allies is a balanced attack on the Axis. I've never seen where a theater was just left to sit, like the Allies fighting only in Germany, works.

When that happens the quiet theater erupts into a defensive nightmare for the Allies. Japan won't be happy to just sit back and do nothing. She will find a place to fight on her own terms. This is the very basis for the strategy that our group uses.

I've seen it said that you have to have a pretty concrete agenda as a nation and that it's hard to make changes to that agenda once it's in place. The really successful players/generals MAKE those changes and take what the enemy gives them. Of course we all have plans. It's how you react to the changes to your plan that can make the difference between winning or losing.

You should have A RESERVE. That helps you both offensively and defensively. Nothing is more helpful than to have even a few units uncommitted that can arrive to either bolster your defense or show up unannounced in a spot you were least expected.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 26
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/25/2009 3:30:55 PM   
gridley

quote:

I've seen it said that you have to have a pretty concrete agenda as a nation and that it's hard to make changes to that agenda once it's in place. The really successful players/generals MAKE those changes and take what the enemy gives them. Of course we all have plans. It's how you react to the changes to your plan that can make the difference between winning or losing.

Good Hunting.

MR

I think you were refering to my thoughts on Grand Strategy, so let me clarify.

I think the key words in the post were that I don't play with blinders on.

If, for instance, I am playing as the Germans with a Russian Focus and then:

1. I nab some of the BEF in France
2. The Italians sink some CW loaded TRS in the Med on there way to Egypt.
3. I notice the CW ignoring thier Army in the Production Spiral.
4. etc...

All of the above will never happen of course, but if enough of the above happens to warrant it, I will completely rethink and change my Grand Strategy. Recalculate how many corps I will now need for my defence, recalculate how many short range Fighters and Stukas I will now leave in Europe as opposed to the Russian front...replan everything. But the Grand Stategy is essential in my opinion, it gives me the information of how many units I can build, how many I can put here, how many I can put there...

I guess the point I was trying to make in the other post was that an individual target is not enough for me to want to deviate from my chosen path. But, I am more than willing to adjust when luck and maybe opponents mistakes warrant it.

The opposite is also true, if my army in Poland and France Shoot Blanks, the Luftwaffe take a beating, and I have to use one of my O-Chits just to get by. If that is enough to totally throw off my Production plans for a Russian First Strategy...Then again I will go back to the drawing board and create a whole new Grand Strategy.

But if everything is progressing normally and my Russian Focus is on track, then I stick with it. My plan to win the game is to take out Russia or Nerf it as not to be a threat. With Russia as my Goal:

1. Is North Africa important?
2. Is Spain important?
3. Is Norway important?

There are going to be exceptions, there always are, but generally the answer would be No. The risk is if Russia is not defeated or nerfed considerably, these ignored objectives will be a thorn in my side later. But if my plan works...

Hope this explains it better.

< Message edited by gridley -- 4/25/2009 5:56:26 PM >

Post #: 27
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/26/2009 4:36:16 AM   
Mad Russian

I don't know if that was one of your posts or not. I didn't have time to go back and look at them. I've been working from 0730 until 2130 most of this week. So, I have to give quick answers, more to what I remember than actually quoting from them.

For our group the Allied strategy is:

1) Crush Poland
2) Crush France
1 & 2) Or was that crush France and then Poland???? I forget.... 
3) Crush England.
4) Crush Russia.
5) Or was that crush Russia and then England???  

Man, this agenda stuff is tougher than I thought.....

As the Allies:
1 - 99) Roll with the Axis punches. Then Crush Germany, Italy and Japan.
100) Never used because of the implementation of 1-99.

Now that one wasn't so bad! 

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to gridley)
Post #: 28
RE: Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why - 4/26/2009 6:14:46 PM   
gridley

So we have a sense of humour do we?

Don't worry it won't be long till you feel the wrath of my neurotic planning. Then we will hear your barely audible whimper of "We Surrender".

Or if you get all the luck we will surrender like Gentlemen with honour. Then I'll have my Brother phone up his buddies form his days at TCU and...egg your house or something

Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Your Favorite Nation to Play and Why Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI