Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loading of TF - automated and more inteligent ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Loading of TF - automated and more inteligent ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loading of TF - automated and more inteligent ? - 4/21/2009 4:12:54 PM   
Czert

I browsed naval thread but didnt find reply.
1.is here any info which tell me if I can load all selecet units without clustering (leaving parts on base) one (or more) units (read - have enough transport capacity - mixed TF)?
2.displaying of total capacity (not only in TF screen, but in loading screen too)- conected to previous - you have displayed total (ideal) capacity of booth ARs and AKs, and it will be posible to have capacity of all AKs and APs seperated ?
Say, i need to transports lots of infatry, but have only few APs and hand, but loots of AKs, so displaying of total capacity of mixed TF is not ideal. Manualy countibng total capacity of AKs or APs is posible and useful for deciding, but distracting from game.
Sugestions (more or less)
3. auto transport (this will be ideal) - you will only select unit and destination, transport will be done automaticaly (with oprional return of ships - of course you can select ships for auto transfer), event f this mean multiple routes to made (prioritizing included).

Post #: 1
RE: Loading of TF - automated and more inteligent ? - 4/21/2009 5:16:57 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Czert

I browsed naval thread but didnt find reply.
1.is here any info which tell me if I can load all selecet units without clustering (leaving parts on base) one (or more) units (read - have enough transport capacity - mixed TF)?

Yes

quote:

2.displaying of total capacity (not only in TF screen, but in loading screen too)- conected to previous - you have displayed total (ideal) capacity of booth ARs and AKs, and it will be posible to have capacity of all AKs and APs seperated ?
Say, i need to transports lots of infatry, but have only few APs and hand, but loots of AKs, so displaying of total capacity of mixed TF is not ideal. Manualy countibng total capacity of AKs or APs is posible and useful for deciding, but distracting from game.
Sugestions (more or less)

Type of ship is no longer as important as type of capacity. All transports/cargo ships are rated for seperate troop and cargo capacity. An AP, for instance, might have 3000 troop and 1000 cargo. A cargo ship might have 4000 cargo and 500 troop. AE screens list capacity and load cost by capacity type. There is still cross loading (some cargo in troop space, troops in some cargo space) so it can get complex...

quote:

3. auto transport (this will be ideal) - you will only select unit and destination, transport will be done automaticaly (with oprional return of ships - of course you can select ships for auto transfer), event f this mean multiple routes to made (prioritizing included).

No such feature. However there is an optional "Get More Ships" function on the allocation screen that can figure out need and get enough ships to load the units (assuming ships are available).

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 2
RE: Loading of TF - automated and more inteligent ? - 4/21/2009 7:52:52 PM   
Yamato hugger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

quote:

No such feature. However there is an optional "Get More Ships" function on the allocation screen that can figure out need and get enough ships to load the units (assuming ships are available).

Well "technically" you can do this (pretty sure, anyways). If you have a TF in a base, you can order it to "pick up" a unit in another base and thus would "automatically load" the unit. The TF will move from where it is to where the unit is to where you set the TFs home port to.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 3
RE: Loading of TF - automated and more inteligent ? - 4/21/2009 10:39:34 PM   
Czert

Thanks for info, all this make game easier to play.

(in reply to Yamato hugger)
Post #: 4
RE: Loading of TF - automated and more inteligent ? - 4/22/2009 2:18:13 AM   
Yamato hugger

Actually the "pickup" is no different than stock.

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 5
RE: Loading of TF - automated and more inteligent ? - 4/22/2009 3:40:29 PM   
foliveti

I think in stock you can only do a "pickup" at another port with fast transport TFs.  If there is a way to do it with a regular transport, please share.

Frank

Post #: 6
RE: Loading of TF - automated and more inteligent ? - 4/22/2009 3:49:27 PM   
Czert

Pick up is nice, but only works if you have ships in desired location ( = forward base) and not if you have ships only in supply port and want to tranports units to bases only once.
Setuping of automated transport (with customizable - wayponts - supply/transport routes will be ideal)  will remove lots of micro-managmet from game. Any chance for having this in AE (in patch) ?

Post #: 7
RE: Loading of TF - automated and more inteligent ? - 4/22/2009 5:42:11 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Czert

Setuping of automated transport (with customizable - wayponts - supply/transport routes will be ideal)  will remove lots of micro-managmet from game. Any chance for having this in AE (in patch) ?

A long time ago they said this was in AE, as in the initial release. Now that you have asked I hope that doesn't change!

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Loading of TF - automated and more inteligent ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI