Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2nd Question: Scenario Maker

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> 2nd Question: Scenario Maker Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2nd Question: Scenario Maker - 4/10/2009 5:26:07 PM   
GoodGuy

Is it possible to implement a function/button into the Scenario Maker (maybe for the next installment, or along with an expansion) that would keep the amount of ammunition (being held by a given unit) on a fixed level (via the unit tab within the Scenario Maker), without having to tinker with the amount of total supplies (via SEPs)?
Pretty much like a button "No (further) supplies" (for this unit).

This would enable custom scenario designers to simulate isolated troops, like let's say the Germans in besieged cities in 1944 (France: Brest, Cherbourg | Germany: Aachen, Berlin, Stalingrad or Russian units in the fortress Sevastopol, but even units in less concealed terrain, where units like Kampfgruppe Peiper experienced 2 half-assed attempts to resupply by air - which mostly ended up in Allied hands, they just got enough fuel to move tanks to covered spots), where they had to ration food, water and ammunition, without them having a chance to get further supplies by air or ground.

Currently, if there'd be just a tiny unoccupied road (leading to a friendly SEP or BASE unit) during the resupply cycle (although supply trucks wouldn't have a chance to get through in reality, as the rear would be guarded by the besiegers) a certain percentage of supplies may get through to the besieged troops, even if the designer wouldn't want this to happen.

Possible?

< Message edited by GoodGuy -- 4/10/2009 5:36:59 PM >

"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
Post #: 1
RE: 2nd Question: Scenario Maker - 4/10/2009 9:58:19 PM   
simovitch

It's already done for Command Ops. See post #10 in this thread

simovitch

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 2
RE: 2nd Question: Scenario Maker - 4/11/2009 12:03:22 AM   
Arjuna

And we have modified that further so now you can actually specify a 0% supply level.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 3
RE: 2nd Question: Scenario Maker - 4/11/2009 12:04:15 AM   
Arjuna

However, this only refers to their atStart supplies. Thereafter they will be subject to the normal processes.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
RE: 2nd Question: Scenario Maker - 4/11/2009 12:12:52 AM   
GoodGuy

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

It's already done for Command Ops. See post #10 in this thread

No, that would cover the initial supply situation only (which could be simulated in HTTR for the first day {until 3 a.m. the following day} by reducing supplies manually - this didn't work in COTA anymore).

I had a strict / fixed supply function in mind, where designers would have a button "no supplies" (means: no further supplies) in a given unit's tab (in the SM), restricting this unit from getting resupplied for the entire scenario duration.

An additional field where the level of supplies could be set would also be a great addition (ie. 10% {of the required amounts}). This would put at least some flexibility into the SM when using these darn compiled estabs. Same here, this would affect single units via the unit tabs in the SM, and would be in effect until the scenario ends, as well.

So, is that possible?

< Message edited by GoodGuy -- 4/11/2009 12:53:23 AM >

"Aw Nuts"
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 5
RE: 2nd Question: Scenario Maker - 4/12/2009 11:59:37 AM   
GoodGuy

Yes, no, maybe?

"Aw Nuts"
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 6
RE: 2nd Question: Scenario Maker - 4/12/2009 1:57:13 PM   
Arjuna

I'd be loathe to do that. My preference is to handle things generically rather than scenario specifically. But that's not to say it doesn't have merit. I'll review after BFTB.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> 2nd Question: Scenario Maker Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI