Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Internet Explorer 8

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Tech Support >> Internet Explorer 8 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Internet Explorer 8 - 4/6/2009 12:40:23 PM   
Dean J

I upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 yesterday and noticed that some of the PCK tools (Scenario Editor, Random Battle Generator) stopped working due to a scripting error. Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if yes, is there a work-around? If not, I'll revert back to IE 7. Thanks.

-Dean
Post #: 1
RE: Internet Explorer 8 - 4/6/2009 6:37:48 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dean J

I upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 yesterday and noticed that some of the PCK tools (Scenario Editor, Random Battle Generator) stopped working due to a scripting error. Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if yes, is there a work-around? If not, I'll revert back to IE 7. Thanks.

-Dean

Dean,

If you load IE8, are you able to backup to IE7? Sounds like Stridor is the guy who would know how these things might work with IE8. I've seen his name here a few times, but he got pretty busy with his "real" work - so he hasn't been posting much lately.

Rick

(in reply to Dean J)
Post #: 2
RE: Internet Explorer 8 - 4/7/2009 1:21:46 AM   
Dean J

Rick,

Yes, you can roll back to your previous version (I just did).  If you Google "uninstall Internet Explorer 8", one of the hits is the MS page that tells you how.  They have a tool that will do it for you, or you can follow the instructions and do it manually.  If Matrix plans on releasing a further patch for PCK, they may want to look at this for compatibility.  If a work-around emerges, I'll go back to IE 8, as I like the changes.  I know Stridor tested Map Maker with IE 8 (worked for me too), but he didn't mention any of the other tools.

-Dean

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 3
RE: Internet Explorer 8 - 4/7/2009 1:50:30 AM   
Stridor

The upcoming mega patch for PCK will include IE8 compatibility for all the editing tools.

Regards

S.

(in reply to Dean J)
Post #: 4
RE: Internet Explorer 8 - 4/7/2009 12:13:59 PM   
Blond_Knight

Does that mean the PCK tools will break again when IE9 is the norm?

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 5
RE: Internet Explorer 8 - 4/7/2009 6:08:02 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

Does that mean the PCK tools will break again when IE9 is the norm?

Hopefully by then we'll have PC:??? maybe the fourth of fifth game?

Rick

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 6
RE: Internet Explorer 8 - 4/7/2009 7:10:42 PM   
Blond_Knight

And hopefully they'll finally create decent textures, and animations, and stop relying on user-made content to fuel the series, but thats not the point.  The question is whether the user tools are going to be functional down the road, or is this Kiois's plan to hope that we buy the next game so that we can use a scenario editor again?

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 7
RE: Internet Explorer 8 - 4/7/2009 7:14:57 PM   
Erik Rutins

I'd stick with IE 7 for now. Upgrading to a new IE before it's had a few iterations of fixes is often a bad idea.

As to future compatibility, tough to say until we see what Microsoft breaks in their next version, but I imagine it will be a while before IE 9 shows up.

Do you really think our marketing strategy relies on Microsoft "breaking" compatibility with previous games?

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 4/7/2009 7:15:01 PM >

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 8
RE: Internet Explorer 8 - 4/7/2009 7:33:32 PM   
Blond_Knight

No Erik that wasnt aimed at Matrixgames.  Frankly though Koios's products have been just halfassed enough to have something shortsightedly coded like that.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: Internet Explorer 8 - 4/7/2009 8:08:17 PM   
Mobius

quote:

No Erik that wasnt aimed at Matrixgames.  Frankly though Koios's products have been just halfassed enough to have something shortsightedly coded like that.

Why is that anyone's fault but MS? They have an product where applications don't run when new versions are released. In a sane world if you want to lodge a complaint the phone number should be 1-800-BILL-GATES.

Post #: 10
RE: Internet Explorer 8 - 4/7/2009 8:36:57 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

Frankly though Koios's products have been just halfassed enough to have something shortsightedly coded like that.

In what respect do you feel that Koios' products have been "halfassed"? In my opinion, this has nothing to do with Koios or Matrix, it has to do with Microsoft and unfortunately everyone developing software for Windows has to deal with them eventually. In any case, thanks to Stridor's ongoing support for Panzer Command, the next update will include IE8 support (thank you Stridor).

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 11
RE: Internet Explorer 8 - 7/3/2009 9:47:03 PM   
Bison36

Is there any status update on the patch to fix the IE8 compatability? I've been really enjoying the box game so far, but am really excited to use the editing tool sets.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 12
RE: Internet Explorer 8 - 7/3/2009 11:05:19 PM   
Erik Rutins

The code side was delayed by a computer crash, but is back on track now. I'm hopeful we'll be done by the end of July. If it looks to take longer than that, we may release an interim beta update to address the IE8 issue.

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Tech Support >> Internet Explorer 8 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI