Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Link for preorder not working

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Link for preorder not working Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Link for preorder not working - 4/3/2009 12:17:56 PM   
ool

Saw that you could preorder on Matrix game site. tried to access the buy now link and got error 404. Any idea when the preorders will be accepted?????

Post #: 1
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/3/2009 1:19:54 PM   
Erik Rutins

Which pre-order link are you talking about? We don't take pre-orders as a rule.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 2
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/3/2009 2:03:14 PM   
ool

http://www.matrixgames.com/

Bottom of the screen. It changes each time you go to the screen. One time it is only AE with a buy now link. Another time I saw Ae and Grigsbys new Air war game shown with a buy now link. Trust me i'm not imagining these links they are there.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/3/2009 2:08:37 PM   
steveh11Matrix

I too saw the "Pre-order" link.

There's also a "Buy Now" link on the Products page, but there's nothing there (yet).

"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 4
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/3/2009 2:11:01 PM   
ool

This is just a tease exercise from the bosses at Matrix games. the whole purpose is to see how fast we can produce our credit cards and tie up the server!

(in reply to steveh11Matrix)
Post #: 5
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/3/2009 2:34:06 PM   
MadmanRick

Since Matrix doesn't normally do preorders, those links will only function once the product is actually released. Until then it is a moot point to attempt to order something that doesn't actually exist on disc. I know it seems a bit confusing, but it'll all become a bit clearer in the weeks to come.

Rick

"Our lives begin to end the moment we become silent about things that matter". Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 6
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/3/2009 2:38:05 PM   
ool

Well there are companies that will let you put in pre orders when the product is in the final stages. Usually from my experience its a month or two from actual availability. Matrix just isn't one of them.

(in reply to MadmanRick)
Post #: 7
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/3/2009 9:35:06 PM   
John Lansford

I'm actually glad they're not taking preorders; many years ago I preordered for a football game and never heard anything after that.  I can wait until the game actually exists for playing before I order it, just as long as it's not too much longer...

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 8
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/4/2009 3:03:34 AM   
JeffroK

It would be an idea if Matrix took this off their front page, Its only going to annoy people.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 9
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/4/2009 3:18:36 AM   
MadmanRick

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

It would be an idea if Matrix took this off their front page, Its only going to annoy people.

Better for me if they do get annoyed, maybe they won't clog up the download que day of release!

"Our lives begin to end the moment we become silent about things that matter". Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 10
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/8/2009 3:14:28 PM   
goodboyladdie

I really hope they get the boxed copy out at the same time. I am going to have a lot of in-depth manual study to get done...

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to MadmanRick)
Post #: 11
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/8/2009 3:35:53 PM   
Terminus

There's no "pre-order" link. There's a "buy now" link, but anyone can see it doesn't go anywhere, and if one thinks a bit before engaging the clicking finger, and notices the "in development" status, then one might realize why this is.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 12
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/8/2009 4:24:48 PM   
Zakhal

quote:

ORIGINAL: ool

Saw that you could preorder on Matrix game site. tried to access the buy now link and got error 404. Any idea when the preorders will be accepted?????

Are you sure? I sent them my credit card number allready. I should receive the confirmation email anytime now.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 13
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/8/2009 4:36:13 PM   
ool

Not all companies do it the same way. Some enable buy now, hence the concept of preorder, and let the people register so that the day of release they get shipped first. Credit card charges aren't put through till it is shipped. Matrix isn't the be all and end all in this department. My experience with this method has been nothing but positive, not to mention efficient!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 14
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/8/2009 8:15:10 PM   
mlees

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zakhal

quote:

ORIGINAL: ool

Are you sure? I sent them my credit card number allready. I should receive the confirmation email anytime now.

You sent your credit card info to who, exactly? Matrix?

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 15
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/8/2009 10:30:19 PM   
JeffroK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

There's no "pre-order" link. There's a "buy now" link, but anyone can see it doesn't go anywhere, and if one thinks a bit before engaging the clicking finger, and notices the "in development" status, then one might realize why this is.

A number of reputable games companies allow pre-ordering before development is complete, often at a discount to the expected release price. I'm sure Decision Games does this.

It allows them some cash flow to help out with the finances and to gain some idea of the demand.

While you are so into the system, you know what it all means, but to the other X% who have used preorder on other sites, they see this as a normal option.

So, MATRIX, get this off the main screen or you will get more and more dissatisfied customers.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 16
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/8/2009 11:25:43 PM   
Terminus

What other companies do is irrelevant. Matrix doesn't do it.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 17
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/8/2009 11:57:40 PM   
JeffroK

quote:

READ FURTHER!!!!

I understand Matrix doesnt offer this facility.

SO MATRIX SHOULD GET IT OFF THEIR MAIN PAGE!!!

Terminus, as you are not an employee of Matrix, and therefore have no control of this, please understand that you are irrelevant.

This is directed to Eric, or the Matrix Customer Service Team, if they have one!

< Message edited by JeffK -- 4/9/2009 12:03:31 AM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 18
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/9/2009 3:46:10 AM   
Tophat1815

quote:

At ease.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 19
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/10/2009 12:33:13 AM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

READ FURTHER!!!!

I understand Matrix doesnt offer this facility.

SO MATRIX SHOULD GET IT OFF THEIR MAIN PAGE!!!

Terminus, as you are not an employee of Matrix, and therefore have no control of this, please understand that you are irrelevant.

This is directed to Eric, or the Matrix Customer Service Team, if they have one!

Pipe down... Matrix can do their own marketing without your "advice"...

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 20
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/10/2009 1:34:01 AM   
MadmanRick

quote:

quote:

A number of reputable games companies allow pre-ordering before development is complete, often at a discount to the expected release price. I'm sure Decision Games does this.

It allows them some cash flow to help out with the finances and to gain some idea of the demand.

While you are so into the system, you know what it all means, but to the other X% who have used preorder on other sites, they see this as a normal option.

So, MATRIX, get this off the main screen or you will get more and more dissatisfied customers.

A few points are in order here. First of all, if someone is going to become "dissatisfied" with a company because they have a link that doesn't allow you to purchase a game that doesn't actually exist yet, well then don't let the door hit ya I say!

Secondly, perhaps your complaint would receive more weight (HA!), if you used the appropriate contact emails, rather than an open forum which actual employees from Matrix may or may not actually read?

Lastly, you are wasting a whole ton of energy on a pretty insignificant matter, perhaps some therapy is in order? Zoloft seems to work wonders for those that exhibit symptoms such as yours, but then I am also not an employee of Matrix, so therefore insignificant as well I'm sure. So perhaps it is me that should do the therapy thingy??

Rick

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 21
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/10/2009 2:32:44 AM   
RevRick

quote:

quote:

You know, my Grandma always used to say, "You catch more flies with sugar than vinegar." Now, why one would want to catch flies is beyond me, except to get rid of them. But, just as an observation and without being disrespectful, you might just try to be a little lighter in your wording. I know that most of us here probably don't mean to come across as insufferably pompous, arrogant, and rude, but we do from time to time slip into that mode of thinking. If, as I suspect, you don't mean to come across that way, all is well and good and we can cheerfully await the release of AE. If you don't really give a flying frak, well, there's always the little green ignore button, which if employed often enough results in no fun for anyone.

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 22
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/10/2009 2:49:41 AM   
Tactics

Sometimes I feel guilty about being jerky to Terminious, but then I read his posts and I stop...feeling guilty. I never greenbuttoned anyone before, but since it's already been mentioned, and proven that he is irrelevant and kind of skanky - What the hell. Someone has to be first. Terminiious, you're banned, bitch. :)

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 23
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/10/2009 3:22:44 AM   
51st Highland Div

Methinks a chill pill needs to be taken by a few people...the posts by the respective Ricks are a welcome port in a sea of froth atm with people getting het up over much ado about nothing..

https://i.ibb.co/SRBTPGK/hmsglasgowmatrix.jpg

The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Banner thanks to RogueUSMC

(in reply to Tactics)
Post #: 24
RE: Link for preorder not working - 4/10/2009 5:32:57 AM   
Tophat1815

quote:

ORIGINAL: 51st Highland Div

Methinks a chill pill needs to be taken by a few people...the posts by the respective Ricks are a welcome port in a sea of froth atm with people getting het up over much ado about nothing..

Yep

(in reply to 51st Highland Div)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Link for preorder not working Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI