Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Support orders bugged

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> Support orders bugged Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Support orders bugged - 3/31/2009 11:47:45 AM   
IronWarrior

Just wanted to bring to attention that support orders don't seem to be working. I had a fleet in port that I selected and hovered the mouse over the adjacent sea zone and clicked the 's' key, but it ended up moving into the zone alone and before the other fleet arrived, resulting in two seperate battles.

Can provide saves if needed. This happened in a pbem game, I haven't tested it in single player.
Post #: 1
RE: Support orders bugged - 4/1/2009 11:07:21 PM   
ericbabe

Oh, I didn't know you can give support orders to fleets.  I'm not sure that behavior is defined.

(in reply to IronWarrior)
Post #: 2
RE: Support orders bugged - 4/1/2009 11:39:51 PM   
IronWarrior

Hey Eric,

Maybe I'm having a really hard time comprehending the manual, but this is what it says on p. 59 under support movement:

quote:

3.1.3 Support Movement
Selecting a unit or stack, moving the cursor over a province (or sea zone if a naval unit) and pressing the ‘s’ key issues a support order to that unit. A support order orders the unit into a province only if a battle involving its nation or an ally is fought there, and the unit is in an adjacent province when the battle happens. Support orders are represented by dashed arrows. Issuing a support order ends the move order for the selected unit.

I would note that when I tried to give a support order to an army, the same thing happened (the stack moved into the province and there was no dashed arrow). But I had cancelled the order for the land unit in the game so can't confirm 100%. I believe it's the same though.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> Support orders bugged Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI