Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Log improvements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Log improvements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Log improvements - 3/24/2009 9:02:14 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Hey guys:

I have closed several log issues on mantix in an effort to consolidate all log ideas to one case. Please add notes to Mantis issue #465 for any log improvements / problems that you see. I will try to add some of these into 1.07

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 1
RE: Log improvements - 4/8/2009 12:59:39 AM   
pzgndr

Uh, #465: Guerillas removed as peace condition shows closed? With other comments about log file information in the "better leader - combat results", there should be an item to add ideas to. Is there? Personally, I would really really appreciate the active MP information be highlighted or something for easy reference when reviewing the log file.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 2
RE: Log improvements - 4/8/2009 2:57:28 PM   
Mardonius

Hi Marshall:

If log entries were broken down by Major Powers (where applicable) this would be good.
No Duplications of entries. See this a lot.
Die Rolls should be listed with the raw die roll and any modifier ("DR=3, Modifier of +1 = 4) and the Die Rolls should be exportable data.

Log entries should be by category:
Some potential examples

Political: France conditionally surrenders to Prussia, -5 PP, France is now at Political Status 27
Political: Prussia accepts conditional surrender of France, +3 PP, Prussia is now at Political Status 31
Forage: France forages. Needs a 4. DR=3, Mod of -1 =2 Success!
Land Battle: France meets Prussia in Battle (include battle summary of forces, chit choices, leaders)
Land Battle: Rnd 1: DR and modifiers etc for other rounds/days
Siege: DRs
Naval Battle

best
Mardonius

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 3
RE: Log improvements - 4/9/2009 1:59:12 AM   
Dancing Bear

One thing to think about if you add the option of battle markers (crossed flags and burning cities to go with the arrows) that anyone can click on to see the final screen shot for a battle, then it might not be necessary to have round by round battle results in the log file, and you could report on who won/loss, i.e. political point adjustments.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 4
RE: Log improvements - 4/9/2009 10:41:34 PM   
obsidiandrag

Another question about the battle markers vs Log, will you be able to see round by round troop strengths and losses, or just a final?  In which case, I would like to see it in the log for the start and possible round by round losses since the final battle screen does not answer alot of the questions for situations like commiting guard or breaking before outflank arrives or when the reinforcements arrived etc...

OD

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Log improvements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI