Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

First Real Problem With Bug/CTD

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> First Real Problem With Bug/CTD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First Real Problem With Bug/CTD - 3/17/2009 1:17:09 PM   
barbarossa2

After roughly 30 straight hours of play, I have hit my first real bug problem.

I am roughly 2 years into a scenario as Poland and I can't get into the economy screen and make trades without the Microsoft "error" sound. Once on the trade screen, it won't let me change anything. It just keeps making the noise anytime I try to click anything.

I have a save file which when opened reproduces the problem.

Interestingly, the first time I tried to go do this (after ignoring my trade economy with a trade expert on for the first two years), I also experienced my first CTD.

At the moment, I am not being allowed to form protectorates of Saxony or Mecklenburg either. I took control of them by conquering them and have repeatedly gone to the international relations screen so that I could turn them into a protectorate and they don't change their status at all. However, maybe I am missing something here and it is just my lack of undertstanding of the rules which is weak.

So, 30 hours of play without crash isn't bad. I hope we can get this fixed. I am having a blast playing as Poland.

P.S. I also had problems on the trade screen while playing my PBEM game. It would simply not let me do anything with the trades. I decided to ignore it as the advanced economy was beyond me (I was still struggling to learn movement, unit, diplo basics). Now, however, I think the issue deserves attention. I can send you the PBEM file which I have which caused this too.

< Message edited by barbarossa2 -- 3/17/2009 2:01:49 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: First Real Problem With Bug/CTD - 3/17/2009 2:38:41 PM   
barbarossa2

Another CTD.

Same campaign game (I just thought I would see what happened if I went on and ignored the trade stuff).

A few months later (in game play) and I clicked on the Economy Advisor to toy around with my taxes.

Windows Error appeared stating:

Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: ...\CrownofGlory.exe
File: winocc.cpp
Line 279

And then, desktop.

(in reply to barbarossa2)
Post #: 2
RE: First Real Problem With Bug/CTD - 3/17/2009 3:27:04 PM   
Erik Rutins

If this is repeatable for you, could you zip and post a save file that repeats it (or e-mail that save file to erikr@matrixgames.com) please?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to barbarossa2)
Post #: 3
RE: First Real Problem With Bug/CTD - 3/17/2009 3:59:01 PM   
ericbabe

Yes, please send the save files if you can reproduce the errors from them.  Feel free to send them directly to me: ericbabe@west-civ.com.

Is the winocc.cpp assertion repeatable after you load the save file?  Winocc.cpp line 279 is code that runs in Windows; it signifies failure to create a new window object, possibly because there's a memory leak or a windows handle leak -- but if that's the problem, then it probably won't re-appear if you reload the game at that point (might have to play another 30 straight hours to see it.)

I just did a quick test, and I was able to use the Trade screen to make a trade proposal as Poland in 1792 (between Grodno and Normandy).  Can you describe what you're seeing when you first go into the Trade Screen as Poland and try to do stuff?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> First Real Problem With Bug/CTD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI