Port attacks

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

moose1999

Port attacks

Post by moose1999 »

I've been trying to attack a couple of weak enemy fleets hiding in the port of Gothenburg.

I put my fleet in the adjacent sea-zone and put it on 'port attack' mode.
It's been sitting there for 3 turns without any action.

Is there anything else I can do to speed up things or do I just have to be patient...?
regards,

Briny
Joram

RE: Port attacks

Post by Joram »

Make like you are going to blockade the port you want to attack as well and it should do it.
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

Great - thanks!
regards,

Briny
Marshall Thomas

Post by Marshall Thomas »

Port attacks...splendid! Even Europa Universalis III doesn't have that; come to think of it, COG:EE has several options that Europa Universalis III (or any other game/simulation that I know of) doesn't have.

I hope that COG:EE has a really high replayability value, because I'd like to play this one for a long time to come. Thanks for your efforts; they've really paid off with this fantastic improvement.
0360-1275-8904-8300
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

Just finished my port attack - and it was great!
Truly a lot of fun.
Caught 6 english 4th rates in the harbor with overwhelming forces.
They made a valiant break-out attempt but I crushed them - although the strong winds made quite a mess of my lines.
And I nearly ran aground a few times too.
I was a bit lucky, though, as the combat took place out of range of the coastal defences and the English ships didn't try/manage to drag me into range.
I boarded 3 of them, ending up keeping one, and the rest were beaten good and then decimated during the pursuit phase (I brought plenty of frigates).

This is a great game!
regards,

Briny

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”