Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

how to fill division?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> how to fill division? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how to fill division? - 3/5/2009 12:20:51 AM   
henri51

I think I have read that say, infantry from one division can be moved to another division in the same territory. But I can't find any way to do it, even when in the same corps. Typically, half of my divisions are a bit more than half full and I would like to fill them up by emptying badly depleted divisions. I know that eventually they will be filled by draftees, but can't I transfer them myself? If so, how? There is nothing in the manual nor in the on-line F! help file about this.

Henri
Post #: 1
RE: how to fill division? - 3/5/2009 12:45:39 AM   
Ironclad

You do it through the military screen or through right clicking on a province and inspect units. Select the unit you want to transfer from and move the cursor over the unit you want to strengthen and the word MEN appears if transfer is possible. Left click and a transfer box appears for you to choose the number for transfer. This can be repeated for lesser increments to allow maximum transfer. This can only be done between like for like units eg light infantry to light infantry, heavy cavalry to heavy cavalry although infantry/militia are treated as like. Btw it is mentioned in the manual.

< Message edited by Ironclad -- 3/5/2009 12:48:05 AM >

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 2
RE: how to fill division? - 7/12/2009 2:58:55 PM   
DBS

This is utterly foxing me. I open Military Adviser, select a division, as directed in the manual, but when I mouse-over another division, I do not get any prompt for a transfer; I assume I am supposed to hold the mouse over the divisional box, rather than its name in the list on the left? Is there any specific spot in the box one needs to hover over?

Game is updated to 1.09.

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 3
RE: how to fill division? - 7/12/2009 3:38:02 PM   
Hard Sarge

well, first off, get back to work

2nd off, open the screen to get to here

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DBS)
Post #: 4
RE: how to fill division? - 7/12/2009 3:38:41 PM   
Hard Sarge

to fill in the weak Inf Div

click on the Mil Div

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 5
RE: how to fill division? - 7/12/2009 3:39:32 PM   
Hard Sarge

then move the mouse to the unit to fill in, it will say "men" when it is over a Div that can be filled

ahhh crudwell, the mouse doesn't show up in the screenshot, but the mouse will change to say Men, basicly held it over the little men icons

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Hard Sarge -- 7/12/2009 3:45:53 PM >

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 6
RE: how to fill division? - 7/12/2009 3:40:36 PM   
Hard Sarge

now click on the unit that the mouse over shows can be used, and then this box will open, and you can click on the slider to add men to it

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 7
RE: how to fill division? - 7/12/2009 3:43:28 PM   
Hard Sarge

and the end result

remember, don't move the Troops around after you transfer troops, as they may not be there to do it

you can also kill off troops by doing this, empty out a Div, and it will die off

remember it will also change the morale/exp of the unit getting the troops, can be used either way, you can increase a unit by transferring good troops, or lower it by transferring bad troops

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 8
RE: how to fill division? - 7/12/2009 3:43:43 PM   
Hard Sarge

how is that buddy ?

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 9
RE: how to fill division? - 7/12/2009 4:41:59 PM   
Oehm

Thanks a lot!!! I just looked for help for this problem and you gave me the answer!
THANKS!!!

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 10
RE: how to fill division? - 7/12/2009 5:07:58 PM   
Hard Sarge

great, glad it was of help

(in reply to Oehm)
Post #: 11
RE: how to fill division? - 7/12/2009 11:59:15 PM   
morganbj

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oehm

Thanks a lot!!! I just looked for help for this problem and you gave me the answer!
THANKS!!!

Actually, this took me about 6 monts to figure out in COG, so don't feel bad. Glad you got it to work.

Thanks, HS, you da man.

(in reply to Oehm)
Post #: 12
RE: how to fill division? - 7/13/2009 9:51:56 AM   
DBS

Ron

As ever, many thanks. I eventually managed to get it working! Part of the problem is, I think, a somewhat older computer lagging a bit, plus stupidity on my part.

Don't worry, back to BTR this evening - have just finished repairing/upgrading the (different) system I run that on...

David

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 13
RE: how to fill division? - 7/13/2009 12:55:48 PM   
Hard Sarge

no hassle buddy, just ragging on ya

glad you got it working, it can help out at times, so is a good little trick to know

(in reply to DBS)
Post #: 14
RE: how to fill division? - 7/13/2009 3:39:09 PM   
Anthropoid

The controls in this game are a bit cludgy . . . even once you figure it out, you gotta be careful that you don't accidentally send a unit half way across Europe when you left- or right-click someplace and didn't realize some unit you were just working with a second before was 'selected' and goes on a trip  . . . at least there is that nifty -Backspace- key that will undo many long series of Fubar commands to units . . .

Since the patch with the modifications to supply (which BTW, are brilliant) I have more than once in my PBEM I have either (a) turned off a depot at the supply source inadvertently then not remembered, and suffered attrition; or (b) inadvertently while moving units around and transferring strength amongst them sent a unit off on a 'wild goose chase.' It can make turns long, but I guess since it works overall we shouldn't complain too mightily

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> how to fill division? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI