Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Spain's eco turn

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Spain's eco turn Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spain's eco turn - 3/1/2009 3:23:28 PM   
Dancing Bear

Hi Marshall
would it be hard to have Spain do her eco turn first in the eco phase. Spain moves last in the land phase, so if she was first the eco phase, the Spainish player could do both turns together, rather than waiting for the British player's eco turn?
I don't know if GB has to go first because of the trade settings.
Post #: 1
RE: Spain's eco turn - 3/1/2009 3:26:21 PM   
DCWhitworth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dancing Bear

Hi Marshall
would it be hard to have Spain do her eco turn first in the eco phase. Spain moves last in the land phase, so if she was first the eco phase, the Spainish player could do both turns together, rather than waiting for the British player's eco turn?
I don't know if GB has to go first because of the trade settings.

You could also perhaps look at swapping Russia and France in the Reinforcement phase as Russia goes first in the Naval phase.

Regards
David

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 2
RE: Spain's eco turn - 3/1/2009 5:24:05 PM   
Dancing Bear

quote:

ORIGINAL: DCWhitworth

You could also perhaps look at swapping Russia and France in the Reinforcement phase as Russia goes first in the Naval phase.

It would likely be less controversial to switch the French naval phase to first (I really mean fist after GB (i.e. second) as GB usually selects to go last anyways, so not a real factor). This might help the player who has France, who is often pressured to skip her naval phase as France is usually blockaged, which is normally ok, but does give GB a greater sense of comfort than GB should really have.

I'd support switching the naval phases, what is everyone's opinion? Would this have to be a option that is set in the game setup (or by the host for ongoing games)?

(in reply to DCWhitworth)
Post #: 3
RE: Spain's eco turn - 3/1/2009 9:28:59 PM   
Jimmer

I would hope that nobody other than France knows if his naval phase is being skipped until AFTER it is skipped.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

Post #: 4
RE: Spain's eco turn - 3/1/2009 10:56:13 PM   
Dancing Bear

Jimmer, this is correct, but if you have skipped the last 9 turns in the row, it is pretty likely that GB is going to detect a pattern. Anyways, would you object to moving France's naval to 2nd, after GB (assuming GB changes it to last, so this really means first)?

< Message edited by Dancing Bear -- 3/2/2009 12:12:46 AM >

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 5
RE: Spain's eco turn - 3/1/2009 11:47:29 PM   
Hornblower

Bump

Post #: 6
RE: Spain's eco turn - 3/2/2009 2:43:39 AM   
borner

combining phases would slove this also, but if not, then the more back to back phases the better!

(in reply to Hornblower)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Spain's eco turn Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI