From: Boston, MA USA
Thhis coupon thing seems to be an unfortunate idea with too many moving parts.
1. Too bad it was ever offered.
2. Between River and Matrix, there seems to exist a communication (or turf) problem.
3. I tried during the Holiday to sale, but was told it was not applicable because of a current sale - What a way it would be to capitalize on good will if it was allowed. How many more people buy during sales - and how many coupons interfere with the profit margin? Little - Or they couuld have named the Empire Edition as something else and marketed and sold it anew.
4. In one reply I received, I was o told only the DD (without the physical shipment) would apply (so why not say all this up front?)
5. Then there was the short-handed factor during the holidays. Between River and Matrix, it weems as though all was on auto-pilot.
6. Eventually, got another Napoleanic game. (OK, but told the billing was being coordinated after the Holidays)
7. To be fair and honest :
a. I like the Matrix Games (Even with each one having a program error in therer somewhere, SPWW, TOAW, Tiller's BNW - It's war gaming - How Realistic! and never being able to correct it.) Forum opportunities like this are helpful.
b. Documentation might be broader (might have been the originnal iss with COG.
c. There is a world of interpretive distance between 5* players and us pedestrians.
d. To your original issue: There seems to be a conflict of agreements; each way, between Matrix promotions and River's grasp or control issue (Who's in charge? The Producer (conceptor) or the distributor (and which is which?)? And then, who are we to deal with?
As with the wheel, once we agreed the circle had no more, no less, than 360`it all rolled along - even over bumps.
Let's see what develops.
"Power currupts".... But someone must govern!