Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Discount for Previous Owners?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Discount for Previous Owners? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/26/2009 7:38:28 PM   
sabre100

I know it was mentioned there would be a limited time discount for previous COG owners. Since the game is so close to release can somebody from Matrix comment on how this will work and what the pricing will be for previous owners and new users?

Thanks so much
Post #: 1
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/26/2009 7:50:10 PM   
Erik Rutins

Previous COG owners will be able to register with their serial number on a discount coupon page. The discount coupon code you get there is a one use only and you only get one per registered serial number, so please don't lose it once you get it. When you purchase COG: EE, you'll put the coupon code into the field for coupon codes in the store and it will give you a $10 discount on COG: EE upon checkout.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 2
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/26/2009 8:24:13 PM   
typhoon

All I got got to say to that is thank you!!!!. Would have gone for this one with or without the discount but it very very good to be rewarded for loyalty and makes continued support of your excellent products guaranteed. Hell that's enough creeping bring on the game.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/27/2009 5:30:42 PM   
typhoon

Discount worked fine downloading now thank you again very proffesional.

(in reply to typhoon)
Post #: 4
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/27/2009 7:07:23 PM   
Hertston

Well sorry to break up the general spirit of goodwill and camaraderie but IMHO a measly $10 discount for previous purchasers can only be described as taking the piss. Not impressed.

No sale.

< Message edited by Hertston -- 2/27/2009 7:09:56 PM >

(in reply to typhoon)
Post #: 5
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/27/2009 7:10:03 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston
Well sorry to break up the general spirit of goodwill and camaraderie but IMHO a measly $10 for previous purchasers can only be described as taking the piss. Not impressed.
No sale.

This is a new game, Hertston, a sequel not an expansion. Offering any discount given that the original was released four years ago is IMHO pretty generous. Not sure what you were expecting, but this is not a minor expansion project, it had as much effort put into it as Forge of Freedom, for example.

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 6
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/27/2009 7:33:17 PM   
Plainian

quote:

Well sorry to break up the general spirit of goodwill and camaraderie but IMHO a measly $10 discount for previous purchasers can only be described as taking the piss. Not impressed.

No sale.

I would think that the organisation you work for takes that honour. Forcing UK citizens to fork out £8 to £12 extra to varous postal agencies so that HM Customs can get their duties on US imports really takes the p***.

Why don't you moan about that rather than the price of games. You're a serial whinger.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 7
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/27/2009 7:43:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Plain Ian
I would think that the organisation you work for takes that honour. Forcing UK citizens to fork out £8 to £12 extra to varous postal agencies so that HM Customs can get their duties on US imports really takes the p***.
Why don't you moan about that rather than the price of games. You're a serial whinger.

We don't allow personal attacks on our forum and this is very close to that. Hertston was within his rights as a customer to complain about pricing and we can certainly handle the feedback even if we disagree with him. I don't want customers feeling that if they complain about something they will be attacked by others, we would never hear from anyone in that case!

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Plainian)
Post #: 8
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/27/2009 7:55:46 PM   
Plainian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

We don't allow personal attacks on our forum and this is very close to that. Hertston was within his rights as a customer to complain about pricing and we can certainly handle the feedback even if we disagree with him. I don't want customers feeling that if they complain about something they will be attacked by others, we would never hear from anyone in that case!

Regards,

- Erik

If he is within his 'rights' to moan at every opportunity then I will apologise to him. I still think he should use his moaning talents to target things a lot closer to home.

Post #: 9
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/27/2009 7:56:01 PM   
animaluk

I agree no personal attacks but he is right about hm customs robbing buggeri have been caught out on numerous titles. the last being mlb front office baseball £14 for taxes +the £40 i had to pay for this pc game{mlb} sorry to go on

Post #: 10
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/27/2009 7:59:43 PM   
Erik Rutins

Well, all I can say about that is that fortunately our physical copies ship from a warehouse within the UK, so you won't have to worry about that with our games!

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to animaluk)
Post #: 11
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/27/2009 9:02:57 PM   
siRkid

I cannot believe that someone would complain that a discount, that was not required, is not good enough. People, making a game is HARD work and the developers deserve to get paid.

I think the gamming industry is the only place people complain about getting something for almost nothing. The price of games has stayed the same for over 30 years and the quality has consistently gone up. Name me another industry that has done that.
So, don’t buy it, its your loss.

< Message edited by Kid -- 2/27/2009 9:05:11 PM >

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Post #: 12
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/27/2009 10:00:37 PM   
PDiFolco

Back on topic : how is converted the 10$ coupon in €/£/whatever for non-US customers ?

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 13
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/27/2009 10:36:41 PM   
goodwoodrw

Erik,
the discount page says its only good for the store u purchase in. The only options are US and Europe. I purchase games from the Australian store do I use the US store to get my discount code?
Ron

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 14
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/27/2009 11:46:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Ron,

Australian orders go through the EU store, so you should get the coupon there. Sorry for the confusion caused by that. The US store only handles orders in North America, the EU store handles the rest of the world including the EU.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 15
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/27/2009 11:47:16 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: PDiFolco
Back on topic : how is converted the 10$ coupon in €/£/whatever for non-US customers ?

It should be converted on the fly by the store to the latest official conversion rate (as far as I know DR updates the conversion rates daily).

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 16
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 12:09:20 AM   
Hertston

quote:

You're a serial whinger.

Probably. Having spent most of the last seven years as a serial purchaser (26 Matrix published games at the last count) I can't say I'm overburdened with guilt, particularly as my previous - and only, to my recollection - 'whinge' regarding pricing was about something rather different. I think I've done my fair share of keeping the Matrix developers in pizza as well, come to that.

As to the customs thing, rest assured that should this humble public servant ever be invited to a working lunch with the Chief Executive I will ensure the matter is brought to her urgent attention.

Actually, make that 28. I forgot Firefight, and that space collectable card game thingie I can't even remember the name of.

< Message edited by Hertston -- 2/28/2009 12:26:18 AM >

(in reply to Plainian)
Post #: 17
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 1:57:17 AM   
goodwoodrw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Ron,

Australian orders go through the EU store, so you should get the coupon there. Sorry for the confusion caused by that. The US store only handles orders in North America, the EU store handles the rest of the world including the EU.

Regards,

- Erik

G'day Erik
went via the US store no problems, the $10 discount equated to about $A13 not complaining

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 18
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 9:49:28 AM   
lordhoff

How long will this last? I just bought like six games in the last few months and need to actually play some of them before ordering more. Will the discount still be valid next Christmas?

Post #: 19
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 9:54:21 AM   
lordhoff

quote:

Name me another industry that has done that.

Computers (electronics). But I do agree with you.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 20
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 10:52:23 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

No sale.

Somtimes this forum really amazes me

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 21
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 12:42:21 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc von Martial

And the fact Matrix staff seem unable to comprehend a 'casual fan' (rather than hardcore fanboy) of this series might not be too keen on paying a sum for which I could quite literally buy the boxed deluxe edition of Empire: Total War in the high street for an enhanced version of a game I already own amazes me. People are funny that way, they have different opinions.

I guess we will have to agree to differ (although I can do without the ' from 'staff', than you very much). At the end of the day, as with my comments on exchange rates, your bottom line will show who is right and who isn't. You will, of course, have course have the advantage over me in knowing what the sales figures are and I won't. As it is, I won't be buying this and if a similar policy is pursued with WitP:AE I won't be buying that either. And if it is just me, then it's no great loss is it?

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 22
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 12:58:59 PM   
elmo3

20% off seems reasonable to me. I was not a huge fan of CoG but if this game gets good reviews I'll buy it.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 23
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 1:10:02 PM   
siRkid

Lets look at it another way. All of us work for a living; at least I would hope so. We all ask our employer to pay us for our labors. Most of us even expect a pay increase every year even if we do not increase our productivity. A lot of people worked on this game. They expect to get paid; it’s their job after all. They produced a product using their labor and have a right to set the price for what they believe their labor is worth. If you disagree with them, then opt out but don’t degrade them by saying they don’t have a right to charge for their work.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 24
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 1:32:47 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kid

They produced a product using their labor and have a right to set the price for what they believe their labor is worth. If you disagree with them, then opt out but don’t degrade them by saying they don’t have a right to charge for their work.

Absolutely. I would point out, however, that your final sentence is a total 'strawman', I haven't said that and neither has anybody else.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 25
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 1:39:00 PM   
wworld7

quote:

As it is, I won't be buying this and if a similar policy is pursued with WitP:AE I won't be buying that either.

Each of the situations are completely different, as COG:EE is a seperate new game and WITP:AE will require the original WITP to work.

There is nothing to compare.

Flipper

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 26
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 1:39:36 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc von Martial

And the fact Matrix staff seem unable to comprehend a 'casual fan' (rather than hardcore fanboy) of this series might not be too keen on paying a sum for which I could quite literally buy the boxed deluxe edition of Empire: Total War in the high street for an enhanced version of a game I already own amazes me. People are funny that way, they have different opinions.

I guess we will have to agree to differ (although I can do without the ' from 'staff', than you very much). At the end of the day, as with my comments on exchange rates, your bottom line will show who is right and who isn't. You will, of course, have course have the advantage over me in knowing what the sales figures are and I won't. As it is, I won't be buying this and if a similar policy is pursued with WitP:AE I won't be buying that either. And if it is just me, then it's no great loss is it?

then why bother posting ? if your not interested, that is on you, (and shouldn't be a issue, not all games are prefect to all players)

but why post and bother people who are interested ?

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 27
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 1:51:16 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

People have responded to both my original post, and to subsequent posts. I have responded to them in turn. If that 'bothers' you I suggest you stop trying to patronize me and follow your own spurious advice.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 28
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 1:53:56 PM   
TheOx

Thank you for my discount, I was happy to pay the 39.99. Very happy I live in a country that (thus far, Obama!) does not tax the ever living Hell out of me. I pay for quality, and I know this product is quality.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 29
RE: Discount for Previous Owners? - 2/28/2009 2:50:51 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

People have responded to both my original post, and to subsequent posts. I have responded to them in turn. If that 'bothers' you I suggest you stop trying to patronize me and follow your own spurious advice.

your just a fool, trying to cause issues were others do not see any, I was trying to be polite, Patronize you ? greesh

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Discount for Previous Owners? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI