Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sad tale Part 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Sad tale Part 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sad tale Part 2 - 2/22/2009 5:22:15 PM   
madgamer2

Well after deciding to sell my old collection of war games I discovered 2 that had been vandalized by a house guest I had (he was supposed to be a good friend of a now X friend of mine) and the damage gets worse.
One kind person was going to try to send the data and number of the combat chits used in a game called Operation Typhoon but evidently could not. I then checked my Battle de la Moskowa game and found 7 counters were removed and 6 replaced by hand made ones with extras supplied in the game for most and hand written for the rest.
Well I now went to check Wellington.s Victory and find all the rules are gone. I was hopping that someone who has the game could copy the rules (all the white printed ones).
I shutter to think what is missing in Terrible Swift Sword. These games represent a good 25-30% of what I could make by selling them and now...I don't know I really need the money so if any can help PM me.

thanks
Madgamer
Post #: 1
RE: Sad tale Part 2 - 2/22/2009 6:23:41 PM   
06 Maestro

Man, that is some bad luck-never give the slime ball another chance. You could tell him you would consider urinating on him if he was a ball of fire, but you would rather walk a mile to a restroom.

BTW, you have kindled my interest the status of my remaining board games which have not been opened (or even seen) in years. As I recall, those were complete. My one fear is that the instructions are not in the boxes. I was prone to putting those in a night stand-I'm afraid those may havenot been stored correctly.

I wonder if there is a place to get instructions for SPI (Kursk) and various A/H games.

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 2
RE: Sad tale Part 2 - 2/23/2009 4:52:53 PM   
ilovestrategy

I am so sorry. Man, I would be hot!

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 3
RE: Sad tale Part 2 - 2/23/2009 6:26:36 PM   
105mm Howitzer

Try grognard . com. Or try Google ( gamename) and see what pops up.
quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

Man, that is some bad luck-never give the slime ball another chance. You could tell him you would consider urinating on him if he was a ball of fire, but you would rather walk a mile to a restroom.

BTW, you have kindled my interest the status of my remaining board games which have not been opened (or even seen) in years. As I recall, those were complete. My one fear is that the instructions are not in the boxes. I was prone to putting those in a night stand-I'm afraid those may havenot been stored correctly.

I wonder if there is a place to get instructions for SPI (Kursk) and various A/H games.

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Publius Renatus, 390 A.D.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 4
RE: Sad tale Part 2 - 3/6/2009 11:57:41 PM   
madgamer2

well I thought among all the old gamers like me SOMEONE would have a copy of thr game Wellington's Victory and could coppy the directions and any black on white game aids (if there were any)....but I guess not. The guy did a lot of damage to my game collection and I never would have known if I had not decided to sell them some 30 or so years later. HECK MY MEMORY IS SO BAD if THE GUY WAS STANDING NEXT TO ME I WOULD NOT KNOW HIM TODAY. Sorry Igot a little carried away. So please if anyone can help ......well enough I have already asked. I thank all thoses who read the post.

Madgamer

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 5
RE: Sad tale Part 2 - 3/7/2009 4:02:18 AM   
Jeffrey H.

Dude, I don't have a copy. I never liked Napolionic era games. There's a Francophile at work who has some attic games that he won't even look at because he's afraid of his wife yelling 'War Monger' at him. He might have this one, I'll ask him about it.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Sad tale Part 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll