Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: U.S. Postal System

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: U.S. Postal System Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: U.S. Postal System - 2/20/2009 10:08:13 AM   
Joshuatree

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdboyd

The U.S. Postal Service is a govenment run institution. To expect it to be effecient and profitable is very unrealistic almost to the point of being laughable.

Trust me... the day on which it becomes a non government run institution is one you'll come to regret. Unfortunately 'efficient and profitable' in that context means unceremoniously dumping many of the services private individuals (as opposed to businesses) have been accustomed to and, particularly in rural areas, rely on.

Hear hear, I wholeheartedly concur. The day it becomes a non government company... is a disaster. Trust me, I have seen this with my own eyes from the inside out. First thing "they" (that would be the monye hungry fools) sack thousands of employees, the same ones who have build the company to start with. Then they lower the wages. Quality goes down the drain (trust me on that one too), which is bad for you as a customer, and is bad for the emplyees too, because they don't feel connected to their work anymore. Beside all that, it doesn't get any cheaper at all!

You know these heavy mailorder catalogs? Weigh about 2 kilo's or so? Now the poor employees, mailman/ woman, have to deliver that for a staggering ONE EUROCENT each. That's insane.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 31
RE: U.S. Postal System - 2/20/2009 11:36:40 AM   
goodwoodrw

/quote]

Mail on Saturday? Crikey, I can't remember a mail service on Saturday here in Oz, and I'm closer to 60 than 50!!
[/quote]

Saturday mail service in Australia was stopped by the Whitlam government in 1973.

Alfred
[/quote]

ah early 70s I was probably too busy posting other things to worry about trivial government decisions ......... oops general exhibition forum.

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 32
RE: U.S. Postal System - 2/23/2009 6:45:27 PM   
105mm Howitzer

Hi friends, I ordered WITP back in January 2009 ( order 1647547331), mailed my money order on the 3rd....Order got cancelled 2 weeks ago, letter was sent to...God knows where. I had the correct mailing address, and the (correct) returning address....Gawd, how I hate the mail...
Thank you.

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Publius Renatus, 390 A.D.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: U.S. Postal System Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI