From: Boise, ID - USA
Given the recent (and amazing!) wave of posts, pic's and AAR's from the dev team, I thought I would give this a whirl.
In vanilla WitP, getting any given base over the magical 250 aviation support was as simple as moving a single, full strength aviation regiment there (270 aviation support). If you brought along the same numbered, over-strength base force with 90 aviation support, you were guranteed to never have a lack of aviation support at that base. Given how many of these large, comb base forces you get (especially as the Allies), you had the ability to keep 1000's of planes fully repaired and ready to go on the front line.
It is my impression that the days of doing this will be over with AE - and rightly so.
I had made a request in one of the AAR's, but it got buried by other more interesting and more pressing questions and/or requests. And no doubt the swarm of other questions being fielded
So I am going to try this in its own thread and hope for the best!
1. In vanilla WitP, 30/90/270 aviation support were the normal amounts of aviation support in the most typical base forces/aviation regiments. What are the new, standard aviation supports for AE base forces, aviation regiments, HQ's and so on.
2. Are the aviation regiments returning for AE? (I actually have no idea if they were historical units, or units that helped keep the game functional) If so, what will their aviation support be?
3. Do the static base forces for major bases (Tokyo, Pearl, San Fran and so on) have 250 or more aviation support?
4. Will it be 'easy' to get over 250 aviation support at forward bases in AE? And by easy, I mean without putting 25 base forces/HQ's there. And please note that this would be independent of stacking and/or suppy limitations (ie. obviously this is not going to happen on Wake Island regardless of what types of units you have available).
and the biggest, most selfish request of them all . . .
5. Can we get a couple of screenshots for us few AFB's of typical *full strength* Allied base forces? In vanilla WitP, all you would need to see screenshots of would be you typical base force, a naval one, and the two unit large base forces. Is it that simple in AE? Or do we have like 30 different TO&E's for 23 different types of base forces? If that is the case, can we get a screenshot or two of the *most* typical, *full strength* Allied base forces? (by full strength I mean the screen you see when you click on the 'Show Unit TOE' button)
Thanks in advance!