Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> PI Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PI - 2/16/2009 1:17:31 PM   
Przemcio231

Hi can we se the PI US/PI ground and air forces avalible on turn 1???:)

Pinky: Hey Brain what are we goeing to do this evening?
Brain: The Usual Pinky we will try to take over the World;)
Post #: 1
RE: PI - 2/16/2009 1:27:27 PM   
Fletcher

could be very interesting.. If possible to add the OOB XIV japanese Army too ? Thanks in advance...

WITP-AE, WITE

(in reply to Przemcio231)
Post #: 2
RE: PI - 2/16/2009 3:20:23 PM   
Andy Mac

?? dont understand either question

Are you asking for ability to redeploy forces in advance of game start if yes the answer is no not possible

14th Army is in the game already why add it again.

Sorry not understanding the request

(in reply to Fletcher)
Post #: 3
RE: PI - 2/16/2009 3:21:14 PM   
Andy Mac

Oops sorry I misunderstood you just want to see them as per the Malaya screenshots - my bad

Will do tonight when I get home

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 4
RE: PI - 2/16/2009 3:59:05 PM   
Fletcher

Hello Andy, excuse me for my poor english.
I request about XIV Japanese Army Order Of Battle if possible in the same fashion that you post a thread with Malayan Army screenshots, of course
For the other hand, I think Przemcio231 request the same for Phillipine Army.
Thanks in advance,

WITP-AE, WITE

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 5
RE: PI - 2/16/2009 4:20:37 PM   
Chad Harrison

Looking forward to the pic's Andy.

Just a random question too:

If the 4th Marines survive the Phillipines, do they disband down the road? Touchy business because IIRC, the Raiders/Para Bn's were disbanded to create (among other things) the new 4th Marines.

Just curious.

Thanks in advance!

Chad

(in reply to Fletcher)
Post #: 6
RE: PI - 2/16/2009 4:30:30 PM   
Blackhorse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chad Harrison

Looking forward to the pic's Andy.

Just a random question too:

If the 4th Marines survive the Phillipines, do they disband down the road? Touchy business because IIRC, the Raiders/Para Bn's were disbanded to create (among other things) the new 4th Marines.

Just curious.

Thanks in advance!

Chad

Yes. If you rescue the 4th Marines you can play with them until 44-08 when they'll disband (squads and devices return to the force pool).

The "new" 4th Marines will arrive 44-09. You can deploy them alone, or unite them with the 22nd and 29th Marines to form the 6th Marine Division.

WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!

(in reply to Chad Harrison)
Post #: 7
RE: PI - 2/16/2009 4:40:54 PM   
Chad Harrison

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse

Yes. If you rescue the 4th Marines you can play with them until 44-08 when they'll disband (squads and devices return to the force pool).

The "new" 4th Marines will arrive 44-09. You can deploy them alone, or unite them with the 22nd and 29th Marines to form the 6th Marine Division.

Thanks for the reply Blackhorse.

I would take it then that you can assign the 4th Marines to a different Command and relocate them? In other words, they are not in the restricted-restriced command; with enough PP's you can set them free.

Of all the things I used to save from the PI, they were always, ALWAYS first on my list. A great assault unit for small islands, especially with the new stacking limitations.

Which leads me to yet another selfish request:

1. Can we get a screenshot of the TO&E for the 4th Marines?

I would imagine that they start (historically) under equipped. So I would be curious to see what their *full* TO&E is after they are withdrawn and built up to the full strength. I dont know how it works in AE, but in vanilla WitP this was the 'Show unit TOE' button (obviously you guys know that, I dont know why I am pointing that out )

Thanks in advance and thanks again for the reply!

Chad

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 8
RE: PI - 2/16/2009 5:20:59 PM   
Blackhorse

quote:

quote:

Thanks for the reply Blackhorse.

I would take it then that you can assign the 4th Marines to a different Command and relocate them? In other words, they are not in the restricted-restriced command; with enough PP's you can set them free.

Of all the things I used to save from the PI, they were always, ALWAYS first on my list. A great assault unit for small islands, especially with the new stacking limitations.

Which leads me to yet another selfish request:

1. Can we get a screenshot of the TO&E for the 4th Marines?

I would imagine that they start (historically) under equipped. So I would be curious to see what their *full* TO&E is after they are withdrawn and built up to the full strength. I dont know how it works in AE, but in vanilla WitP this was the 'Show unit TOE' button (obviously you guys know that, I dont know why I am pointing that out )

Thanks in advance and thanks again for the reply!

Chad

Yes, you can free them for deployment by paying PP.

You'll have to ask AndyMac or playtesters for screenshots. But I can tell you that the 4th Marines have the same TO&E as the other Marine Regiments (and, yes, the "show unit TOE" button works the same):

35 HMG or MMG sections; 93 Rifle Squads; 12 37mm AT; 12 81mm mortars; 2 Halftrack-mounted 75mm guns.

In the Philippines, the 4th Marines start off at about 2/3rds strength in infantry and machine guns. Some of the Regiment consists of marines and sailors released from garrison posts, and surplus army air support personnel. Consequently, the regiment's experience is lower than a typical early-war marine regiment.

From the odd attachments the regiment also carries 16 Combat Engineer squads and 12 75mm guns on its rolls: these are not part of the TO&E, so once they are destroyed, they will not be replaced.

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Post #: 9
RE: PI - 2/16/2009 5:56:19 PM   
Chad Harrison

quote:

You'll have to ask AndyMac or playtesters for screenshots. But I can tell you that the 4th Marines have the same TO&E as the other Marine Regiments (and, yes, the "show unit TOE" button works the same):

35 HMG or MMG sections; 93 Rifle Squads; 12 37mm AT; 12 81mm mortars; 2 Halftrack-mounted 75mm guns.

That does the trick actually! Thanks for posting the TO&E.

I apologise for hijacking the thread, but this gets me curious:

Do all the Marine Divisions show up a regiment at time to be recombined down the road? Or do some of them show up as a full division?

I am no where near the master of OOB, but I know a lot of the Marine Regiments came into activation/the theatre at different times. I assume given the amount of detail elsewhere with the new OOB's and reinforcements, this will be reflected in AE?

Thanks again in advance!

Chad

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 10
RE: PI - 2/16/2009 7:20:55 PM   
TMFoss

Has the arrival date of the 5th Marine Division been changed? Historically, it fought at Iwo Jima in February 1945 after training on the Big Island in Hawaii. Yet in stock WITP, it does not arrive until March of 45 in SF. It probably should arrive in late summer/early fall 44- possibly understrength- and have enough time to train, have the time to earn planning points for Iwo, and re-equip for a late Jan departure from the HI.

Post #: 11
RE: PI - 2/16/2009 10:13:09 PM   
Przemcio231

so when i will get the screen shots???

Pinky: Hey Brain what are we goeing to do this evening?
Brain: The Usual Pinky we will try to take over the World;)

(in reply to TMFoss)
Post #: 12
RE: PI - 2/16/2009 11:06:59 PM   
Andy Mac

Arrrgh no patience you lot

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Przemcio231)
Post #: 13
RE: PI - 2/16/2009 11:12:19 PM   
Andy Mac

ok laqst one for a while

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 14
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 12:34:11 AM   
Fletcher

Thanks a lot Andy ! ...

WITP-AE, WITE

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 15
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 12:51:47 AM   
Don Bowen

You'll notice we resisted the impulse to create the 2 battalions of the 43rd PS.

(in reply to Fletcher)
Post #: 16
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 12:59:56 AM   
vettim89

In the vein of every answered question only spawns new questions, if I might:

1. Why do some of the US air units have the "#" symbol next to them?

2. Why are some units attached to a base while others are attached to their HQ?

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

(in reply to Fletcher)
Post #: 17
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 1:03:23 AM   
Fletcher

Andy, another request if possible, of course.
The best complement would be to know about the IJA 5th Air Division OOB
Thanks in advance

WITP-AE, WITE

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 18
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 1:13:20 AM   
rockmedic109

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

In the vein of every answered question only spawns new questions, if I might:

1. Why do some of the US air units have the "#" symbol next to them?

I read somewhere that # denotes a unit which will eventually be withdrawn.

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 19
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 4:27:25 AM   
Blackhorse

quote:

ORIGINAL: TMFoss

Has the arrival date of the 5th Marine Division been changed? Historically, it fought at Iwo Jima in February 1945 after training on the Big Island in Hawaii. Yet in stock WITP, it does not arrive until March of 45 in SF. It probably should arrive in late summer/early fall 44- possibly understrength- and have enough time to train, have the time to earn planning points for Iwo, and re-equip for a late Jan departure from the HI.

The 5th Marine Division (which is the only Marine Division that arrives in toto -- the others have to be formed by combining their regiments) forms up in San Diego in July 1944.

(in reply to TMFoss)
Post #: 20
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 4:29:48 AM   
Chad Harrison

Thanks Andy! You even snuck a screenie of the 4th Marines in there!

Thanks again.

Chad

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 21
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 4:33:40 AM   
Blackhorse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

You'll notice we resisted the impulse to create the 2 battalions of the 43rd PS.

Especially when we -- er, I -- found out that the "battalions" were company-sized, and located on two different islands. The total strength of the 'regiment' was about 286 men, IIRC. For what its worth, the 43rd is factored into the strength of the garrison battalion on Zamboanga, and (I think) one of the battalions of the 45th on Luzon.

Btw, I can't praise Don enough. He did most of the original ground-breaking research that allowed us to put in a much-improved Philippine OOB. I'm to blame for many of the "compromises". I decided early on to avoid breaking down Philippine units below division level, unless I absolutely had to. So there are many company-sized units, especially the Constalbury (and a few battalion-sized forces) that are 'rolled-up' into larger units.

< Message edited by Blackhorse -- 2/17/2009 4:39:27 AM >

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 22
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 4:42:29 AM   
Blackhorse

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

As far as I can tell, units reporting to a base is a harmless bug. I have no idea why.

When you click on the unit itself, it will show that it is actually attached to USAFFE HQs.

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 23
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 4:44:43 AM   
Blackhorse

quote:

Thanks again.

Chad

Take a look at Col Howard, commanding the 4th. What are the differences between this and stock?

Post #: 24
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 5:00:17 AM   
Don Bowen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Especially when we -- er, I -- found out that the "battalions" were company-sized, and located on two different islands. The total strength of the 'regiment' was about 286 men, IIRC. For what its worth, the 43rd is factored into the strength of the garrison battalion on Zamboanga, and (I think) one of the battalions of the 45th on Luzon.

The Philippine OOB is one of my hotspots, that's for sure.

Baguio, the location of A and B companies, 43rd PS, is not represented on the map as it is too close to other bases. The understrength battalion there never really did anything. It was cut off, destroyed valuable equipment, and made a difficult withdrawal through enemy lines to Bataan. Many men lost in various ways, rest dispersed into other units. The commander, a Col. Horan, was nicknamed "the colonel who ran".

The two companies at Zamboanga (C, E) were used to train Philippine Army units and never really came into action as an organized unit.

We also considered the 14th Regiment, PA but skipped that is it was mostly formed from detachments cut off from the 11th Division (and others).

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 25
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 5:01:34 AM   
Chad Harrison

quote:

Which actually begs the question: will the 1st Provisional Marine Brigade ever exist ingame as an actual unit? Or will its components (4th and 22nd Marines) just be on map and independent?

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 26
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 5:05:14 AM   
Blackhorse

quote:

quote:

Which actually begs the question: will the 1st Provisional Marine Brigade ever exist ingame as an actual unit? Or will its components (4th and 22nd Marines) just be on map and independent?

The latter.

Post #: 27
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 5:10:25 AM   
Chad Harrison

Figured that would be the case. Doesnt really make sense to make a unit that existed for one battle, and had no unique units and/or capabilities other than bringing together two orphan Marine Regiments, which would leave the temporary unit after the battle to form a new unit.

As always, thanks for the reply.

Chad

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 28
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 7:44:43 AM   
bradfordkay

quote:

quote:

Thanks again.

Chad

Take a look at Col Howard, commanding the 4th. What are the differences between this and stock?

quote:

You put all the stats on the main page, thus eliminating the need to use an extra mouse click. Thanks!

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 29
RE: PI - 2/17/2009 1:59:28 PM   
Chad Harrison

Great feature indeed!

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> PI Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI