Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vista Graphics Issue?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Vista Graphics Issue? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vista Graphics Issue? - 2/14/2009 3:56:05 AM   
donkuchi19

Hey all, I went through several pages of threads on this and didn't find an answer. Is anyone having issues with the graphics refreshing using 64 bit Vista. I had to replace my old XP machine and am stuck with Vista.

I am running a AMD Phenom II Quad Core 940 with ATI Radeon 4850 Video Card.

I run the game without combat animations, but with battle reports. As the battles take place, the screen doesn't always completely refresh and sometimes the battle reports are blank or disapear as if they are going behind the main screen instead of in front. I can't always find the button to close the battle report and go on to the next battle. It has been a bit of a pain, but the game is running.

Any suggestions? I am running all of the newest Drivers as I updated as soon as I set up the new computer. Sounds are fine (that driver is updated too), but just the video issue.

Thanks in advance

(Forgot to mention, fully updated WITP too, but didn't install any mods yet because of graphics issues)

< Message edited by donkuchi -- 2/14/2009 3:57:37 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Vista Graphics Issue? - 2/14/2009 4:40:00 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: donkuchi

Hey all, I went through several pages of threads on this and didn't find an answer. Is anyone having issues with the graphics refreshing using 64 bit Vista. I had to replace my old XP machine and am stuck with Vista.

I am running a AMD Phenom II Quad Core 940 with ATI Radeon 4850 Video Card.

I run the game without combat animations, but with battle reports. As the battles take place, the screen doesn't always completely refresh and sometimes the battle reports are blank or disapear as if they are going behind the main screen instead of in front. I can't always find the button to close the battle report and go on to the next battle. It has been a bit of a pain, but the game is running.

Any suggestions? I am running all of the newest Drivers as I updated as soon as I set up the new computer. Sounds are fine (that driver is updated too), but just the video issue.

Thanks in advance

(Forgot to mention, fully updated WITP too, but didn't install any mods yet because of graphics issues)

People have mentioned issues with DirectX-10 since the game is designed to work with DirectX 9 ... what are you using??

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 2
RE: Vista Graphics Issue? - 2/14/2009 7:55:36 PM   
donkuchi19

It is DirectX-10

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3
RE: Vista Graphics Issue? - 2/14/2009 9:14:51 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: donkuchi

It is DirectX-10

Ok - i am guessing this is your problem (it was for other people)...

EDIT: see also this post:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2031380

One person mentions in that thread that they got the program to work by renaming the VIDEO file to NOVIDEO - that it was a problem with Windows Media player... just skipping the intro graphics might help.

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 2/14/2009 9:19:27 PM >

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 4
RE: Vista Graphics Issue? - 3/19/2009 2:59:08 AM   
Misconduct

update your codecs, K-lite or DIVX package and you will be fine. Had this happen to me when first installed on my laptop with vista-64, installed K-lite, worked fine.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5
RE: Vista Graphics Issue? - 3/19/2009 10:19:26 PM   
jeffk3510

I haven't ever had a problem with Vista.

I hate vista with a passion, but haven't had any problems with it for WiTP

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 6
RE: Vista Graphics Issue? - 3/19/2009 11:42:11 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Several problems with VISTA for WITP... first is installation problems (you pretty much have to go with the default)... other issues are with DirectX 10 and graphics... they are intermittent problems (depending on your machine) except for the default installation business... other intermittent problems are reported on occasion.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 7
RE: Vista Graphics Issue? - 3/20/2009 6:58:32 PM   
ChickenOfTheSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

update your codecs, K-lite or DIVX package and you will be fine. Had this happen to me when first installed on my laptop with vista-64, installed K-lite, worked fine.

K-lite is a very nice and very useful package. I just wish it had a different name. I am at the age where that name sounds like the stuff used for colonoscopy prep.

< Message edited by ChickenOfTheSea -- 3/20/2009 7:42:45 PM >

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 8
RE: Vista Graphics Issue? - 3/20/2009 9:29:17 PM   
Misconduct

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Several problems with VISTA for WITP... first is installation problems (you pretty much have to go with the default)... other issues are with DirectX 10 and graphics... they are intermittent problems (depending on your machine) except for the default installation business... other intermittent problems are reported on occasion.

I twice on different computers (both 7811FX Gateway laptops using Vista 64bit) installed Stock and Moded version of WiTP without problems, none were original folders, or any graphic problems once I installed DX10/K-lite package.

It could be caused by other issues, but a straight vista64 setup and WiTP install seems to work fine, its possible some other things being installed could cause the vista issues.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 9
RE: Vista Graphics Issue? - 3/20/2009 11:23:50 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

I twice on different computers (both 7811FX Gateway laptops using Vista 64bit) installed Stock and Moded version of WiTP without problems, none were original folders, or any graphic problems once I installed DX10/K-lite package.

It could be caused by other issues, but a straight vista64 setup and WiTP install seems to work fine, its possible some other things being installed could cause the vista issues.

Perhaps not everyone has the same model of computer and graphic board??

Plenty of other people have problems with installing WITP with VISTA... there are at least 2 other threads on the current tech forum relating to VISTA problems... some are graphics related, some are not.

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 3/20/2009 11:24:17 PM >

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 10
RE: Vista Graphics Issue? - 3/20/2009 11:33:07 PM   
rtrapasso

Here are some current threads relating to VISTA problems:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2067785

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2057584

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2034245

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2028933 (maybe VISTA problem)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2012959

and this is just on the first page... (and doesn't include this thread)...

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Vista Graphics Issue? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI