Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Carrier Force - Matrix Games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> RE: Carrier Force - Matrix Games Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Carrier Force - Matrix Games - 2/24/2009 4:09:57 PM   
Chad Harrison

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Wood

There is much you have not seen, grasshopper.

Looking forward to seeing

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 91
RE: Carrier Force - Matrix Games - 3/15/2009 11:27:46 PM   
bink

I would like to add my expression of strong interest in seeing Carrier Force released as soon as practically possible (which means maybe adding some development resources).

I have particularly enjoyed naval combat games (going back to Computer Bismarck and including games such as Carriers At War). Since I first heard about Carrier Force, I have been eagerly awaiting it's release.

Maybe 2x3 games (i.e. Joel Billings) and the CF developers can come to some sort of terms to add development resources??

(in reply to Chad Harrison)
Post #: 92
RE: Carrier Force - Matrix Games - 3/17/2009 6:37:32 AM   
Mike Wood

Huh?

quote:

ORIGINAL: bink
...Maybe 2x3 games (i.e. Joel Billings) and the CF developers can come to some sort of terms to add development resources??

(in reply to bink)
Post #: 93
RE: Carrier Force - Matrix Games - 3/17/2009 8:07:59 AM   
bink

Well, it sounds like the development of CF is being sub-contracted, judging by the lack of involvement of the 2 by 3 principals, and that CF is being developed on a part-time basis.

I am suggesting that whatever financial arrangement is in place for the CF development team, it be re-worked to commit greater resources to the effort.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Wood

Huh?

quote:

ORIGINAL: bink
...Maybe 2x3 games (i.e. Joel Billings) and the CF developers can come to some sort of terms to add development resources??

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 94
RE: Carrier Force - Matrix Games - 3/17/2009 10:04:55 PM   
Joel Billings

CF was started when Gary read a book on the battle of Midway and his interest in carrier combat was re-ignited. He did a bunch of coding to get the game system up and running in the UV environment, and at some point Mike came in as he had on UV and WitP. Unlike those games however, we knew that Gary would have to move on to other projects and the intention was to give Mike the opportunity to take the project and run with it to the end. Justin came in as well after his success with WPO. I knew I wouldn't have the time to work on CF since our priorities at the time were finishing War Between the States and then moving back on to our Russian Front game, which had been put off several times since 2000. As for adding resources, if you know a good game programmer that wants to work for next to nothing because he loves wargames and wants to work on a carrier game, please have him contact me. We could not do what we're doing now if it wasn't for some people that are willing to get involved for next to nothing because they love the products they are working on. The person that is continuing development and patches on our A World Divided game was originally a tester who loved the game so much he started working on mods and eventually became our "official" programmer for the after release work. We've had many testers help us out here and there, with art, data work, scenarios and programming. Unfortunately, the programming is always the critical path item. Finding programmers that can realistically help out is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Gary and I are committed to getting our Russian Front game done as our first priority. We had to put it off for 8 years, and we're not going to do that again. So for now, it's up to Mike and Justin to see if they can pull together CF. I think they can do it, but like many people in this business, they have other things going on in their lives other than just working on CF (job/school wise). So it's not easy and I'm certainly not promising anything. If you know of someone that's done scenario database work that's interested in working on CF, you might have them contact Justin as he might be able to use the help. If you are a programmer (a good/experience one) and want to work on CF, contact Justin or Mike. That's probably about all I can say as far as adding resources to the project.

(in reply to bink)
Post #: 95
RE: Carrier Force - Matrix Games - 3/18/2009 1:33:20 AM   
bink

Joel,

Thanks for the explanation. I was a big fan of the early SSI games, and still have Computer Bismarck and Computer Ambush (among others).

I would love to see another operational naval game (like CB) and tactical combat sim (like CA). Computer Ambush is still one of my favorite games from a gameplay perspective.

Thanks,

Bink

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 96
RE: Carrier Force - Matrix Games - 12/9/2010 10:56:17 AM   
Ike99

quote:

Joe Billings Yes, Mike Wood and Justin Prince both had real life interfere with their work on CF, so it's not going to happen.

< Message edited by Ike99 -- 12/10/2010 12:15:55 AM >

¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.

(in reply to bink)
Post #: 97
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> RE: Carrier Force - Matrix Games Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI