loaned units again

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

ndrose

loaned units again

Post by ndrose »

Sorry to keep flogging this, but it seems better to record everything I noticed before I forget it.

In EiA combined movement, you could draw supply from your own depots or those of your ally (if he was willing), correct?

In EiANW, the only way to use your ally's depots is by loaning. That's not too big a burden, I guess, although I don't think EiA *required* combined movement for allied supply.

BUT, if you loan a corps it can no longer use your own depot. Sometimes you don't know where a corps is going to end up (think: invasion fleet may sail, or it may not). If it stays home, it should be able to use its home nation depots, surely.

Even worse, it seems that such a corps, being nominally "foreign", no longer even gets the home country foraging bonus!
DCWhitworth

RE: loaned units again

Post by DCWhitworth »

ORIGINAL: ndrose

Sorry to keep flogging this, but it seems better to record everything I noticed before I forget it.

In EiA combined movement, you could draw supply from your own depots or those of your ally (if he was willing), correct?

In EiANW, the only way to use your ally's depots is by loaning. That's not too big a burden, I guess, although I don't think EiA *required* combined movement for allied supply.

BUT, if you loan a corps it can no longer use your own depot. Sometimes you don't know where a corps is going to end up (think: invasion fleet may sail, or it may not). If it stays home, it should be able to use its home nation depots, surely.

Even worse, it seems that such a corps, being nominally "foreign", no longer even gets the home country foraging bonus!

You are correct on all points. One additional thing, the loaned corps gets the home country foraging bonus in the loanee's home country.
Regards
David
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Marshall indicated some problems with allowing allies to share depots but this should not be impossible to make happen?  A question would be if supply cost for a foreign corps (loaned or not) is paid by the home MP or the ally.  If and when the supply limits per depot option is implemented, then question would be if supply should all go to home corps or if there could be a way to designate (or restrict) foreign corps for receiving home supply.  This could probably be done manually, but could get complicated if performed during different players' phases.  But for unlimited supply for the time being, these issues are not important yet.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
ndrose

Post by ndrose »

One additional thing, the loaned corps gets the home country foraging bonus in the loanee's home country.

Ha, I thought that might be the case, but hadn't checked.

The more I think about it, the more situations occur to me in which you don't know (and shouldn't have to know ahead of time) where your supply is coming from.

Let's say you've got a big allied stack sitting up on the North Sea, enjoying the benefits of British supply. The corps are lent to Britain during reinforcement, with the aim of marching west. As long as they stay on the coast, they're fine.

Now suppose France moves first and sends a corps to besiege Berlin. Maybe the Prussian wants to tell the Brit to peel off a couple of those Prussian corps to relieve Berlin. It doesn't seem right that they can't use a Prussian depot for supply. They'd have to forage, without even the home nation modifier.

Return to “Tech Support”