Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: When is enough..well...enough?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: When is enough..well...enough? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: When is enough..well...enough? - 1/28/2009 4:37:39 AM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Luskan

As for the cost of AE . . . WITP has probably cost me 1 cent per hour I've spent playing/enjoying/cursing it over the 4? 7? years since I got addicted. I've no doubt the matrix guys will deliver similar value in AE.

I hope I'm remembering right - it was about $70? x 60 = 4,200 pennies. At 1 penny per hour, that's 4,200 hours. Average turn length, let's say 30 minutes. Might be longer with replay and long turns figured in. At 30 minutes that comes to only 2,100 turns. 2,100 / 365 = roughly 5.75 game-years total. I'll venture a guess that most players on this forum are way under 1 penny (US) per turn!

Oh yeah, that's way under 1 penny per hour. A movie now is around $10 bucks, plus extras. Without the extras that's around 500 pennies per hour. So WITP is at least 500 times less expensive than going to a movie. For many people it's thousands of times less expensive. Take that, bad economy!

EDIT: And before you say the computer costs money, so does the auto that takes you to the movie and the clothes you wear. You can play WITP in the buff!

Have you been peeking?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 61
RE: When is enough..well...enough? - 1/28/2009 4:41:32 PM   
stuman

You can play WITP in the buff <---  man, I didn't need to know that .

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 62
RE: When is enough..well...enough? - 1/28/2009 5:03:26 PM   
bradfordkay

"You can play WITP in the buff"

Well.... at least until a Nate or Oscar shoots your Brewster down...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 63
RE: When is enough..well...enough? - 1/28/2009 6:18:08 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
"You can play WITP in the buff"

Actually, we’ve been trying to get AndyMac to include naked wily Pathans in the British OOB. Random weapon loss, etc..

“Sir? … has the Pathan joined the Axis, then ?”

“Axis? What are you talking about? British Army’s always fought the wily Pathan, young man. Strip himself mother naked, slip into your camp and steal your rifle. … Public school boy, are you?”

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 64
RE: When is enough..well...enough? - 1/29/2009 1:10:43 PM   
Luskan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

quote:

I'm playing 3 turns a night and 5-10 on most weekends at the moment, and I'm just worried that AE will release in the middle of my current conquest

Welcome back, Luskan! Are you playing the AI, or is this a PBEM? Either way, glad to hear you're back into WITP. I always enjoyed your epic battles with Raverdave.

Thanks mate - after my couple of years without regular gaming computer access I eventually got back into gaming and a guy found me in a completely different game, recognised that I was the same guy that wrote the AARs and then demanded I teach him how to play. A few friendly lessons then developed into a war (with me playing the allies - learnings for both of us) that is early 1944 and teetering on a draw at the moment. A few of his mates/my mates have expressed an interest and have bought the game recently, but it is often hard to get over that first OMFG reaction to the size of it. Didn't take me long to get hooked (and using ventrillo or teamspeak on our other game often meant we were able to tell each other in real time that we've sent a turn -> speeds up gameplay a LOT).

I'm sure Raver will reappear at some point when AE comes out!

With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 65
RE: When is enough..well...enough? - 1/29/2009 1:19:47 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Luskan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

quote:

I'm playing 3 turns a night and 5-10 on most weekends at the moment, and I'm just worried that AE will release in the middle of my current conquest

Welcome back, Luskan! Are you playing the AI, or is this a PBEM? Either way, glad to hear you're back into WITP. I always enjoyed your epic battles with Raverdave.

Thanks mate - after my couple of years without regular gaming computer access I eventually got back into gaming and a guy found me in a completely different game, recognised that I was the same guy that wrote the AARs and then demanded I teach him how to play. A few friendly lessons then developed into a war (with me playing the allies - learnings for both of us) that is early 1944 and teetering on a draw at the moment. A few of his mates/my mates have expressed an interest and have bought the game recently, but it is often hard to get over that first OMFG reaction to the size of it. Didn't take me long to get hooked (and using ventrillo or teamspeak on our other game often meant we were able to tell each other in real time that we've sent a turn -> speeds up gameplay a LOT).

I'm sure Raver will reappear at some point when AE comes out!

I just hope it is NOT in the buff!!

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 66
RE: When is enough..well...enough? - 1/29/2009 10:26:57 PM   
bradfordkay

Well, he did lose his shirt in that last game against Honda! 

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 67
RE: When is enough..well...enough? - 1/29/2009 11:34:46 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Well, he did lose his shirt in that last game against Honda! 

That is way more information than I want on this subject.

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 68
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: When is enough..well...enough? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI