Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bizzare increase in airwing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Bizzare increase in airwing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bizzare increase in airwing - 1/10/2009 4:18:53 PM   
Kingfisher

Hornet and Zuikaku just finished a short but violent scrap about midway between Wunpuko and Irau.

As she began limping to Luganville I checked Hornet's status and noticed all four squadrons showing zero planes on board. A search revealed they had diverted to Luganville. The roll call of surviving planes came in at 10, 9, 10 and 7 respectively.

When Hornet finally put in her squadrons automatically transferred back on board, but for some reason a couple came in much larger than their original number. For instance, VB-8 has 14 ready and 18 under repair, while VT-8 has 11 and 18.

Anyone seen this before and know why this occurred?

"splendid was their tactic of diving upon our force from the direction of the sun, taking advantage of intermittent clouds"

-Captain Takahisa Amagai, KAGA, June 4th 1942
Post #: 1
RE: Bizzare increase in airwing - 1/10/2009 4:25:08 PM   
borner

yes, I have. When the group transfeed to the base, the game attempted to bring it back to strength from the replacement pool. there is something in the game, (and somehing hopefully fixed in Cf - common theme in threads it seems), that the system has trouble taking into account damaged aircraft when trying to figure out how many planes to assign to the sqd to get it back to strength.

You can try transfering the ready planes to the carrier and leaving the others, or moving the carrier to another port. Sometimes I have seen the system bring both back to the origional strength, but not always.

(in reply to Kingfisher)
Post #: 2
RE: Bizzare increase in airwing - 1/10/2009 4:41:12 PM   
Kingfisher

Thanks for the reply.

Hornet is now docked at Luganville with 54 system and 31 flotation damage. The port is a level 7, so I'll let her lick her wounds before heading to Noumea and on to PH. This way her air wing returns to the pool. If and when she returns I hope to see her airwing back to their original numbers.

"splendid was their tactic of diving upon our force from the direction of the sun, taking advantage of intermittent clouds"

-Captain Takahisa Amagai, KAGA, June 4th 1942

(in reply to borner)
Post #: 3
RE: Bizzare increase in airwing - 1/10/2009 10:26:43 PM   
borner

if the other half of the group stays at the base, it may grow to 18 operational aircraft. I hope your CV's gave as good as they got in the battle

(in reply to Kingfisher)
Post #: 4
RE: Bizzare increase in airwing - 1/12/2009 10:11:13 AM   
xj900uk

That's happened to me B4 as well. It will eventually put the extra planes into storage, if they are needed elsewhere they usually get re-assigned (eventually, takes longer on more badly damaged planes although I think returning the damaged carrier to Pearl Harbour tends to speed up the process)

(in reply to borner)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Bizzare increase in airwing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI