Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Did you have a good sale ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Did you have a good sale ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Did you have a good sale ? - 1/10/2009 7:07:12 AM   
Zap

Matrix Hope you had a successful sale!

Post #: 1
RE: Did you have a good sale ? - 1/10/2009 8:02:41 AM   
Missouri Rebel

Sad part is that I didn't buy a game this time around. I was looking at purchasing SP Generals tonight, but discovered that the sale was over. Now I probably wont buy it at its normal price of $70. Missed the boat. 

Is it just me or does $70 seem a little steep for a game that's as old as SP is? But a Free Markets' a free market. Are there enhancements to the original graphics because I can recall the trouble of locating troops in densely packed areas.

We must act... against the Sioux, even to the extermination of men, WOMEN and CHILDREN.The more Indians we can kill this year, the less will have to be killed next year. They all have to be killed or be maintained as a species of paupers.- w.t. SHErMAN

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 2
RE: Did you have a good sale ? - 1/10/2009 9:47:08 AM   
Zap

Bought GEdition a two years ago at $70.00. Played three of the Megas (not too interested in the Allied/Japan battles). They are a lot of game. No the GEdition has not been enhanced(old graphics). I believe one of the Megas has been enhanced. Well, steep depends on how much free cash you have to spend.

I did buy the JTCS series this time around.

(in reply to Missouri Rebel)
Post #: 3
RE: Did you have a good sale ? - 1/10/2009 4:12:29 PM   
hadberz

It's worth it. I bought it couple years back and don't regret it at all. I believe the Enhanced mod has some better graphics, you can find it here http://www.spwaw.com/

I also bought JTCS during this sale. Great game.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 4
RE: Did you have a good sale ? - 1/10/2009 5:51:41 PM   
06 Maestro

It looks like they had some good numbers on the few games I was watching. It is all still relative to what they wanted-how much does it take to satisfy mad corporate moguls like the Matrix Games Guys?

I took advantage of the sale to pick up FoF-a game I knew I would love, but was hesitant to buy. This purchase takes me full circle from my first serious war game-it only took 40 years.
JTCS was on my list, but failed to grab it. I still have EF2 and WF on my hard drive.

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 5
RE: Did you have a good sale ? - 1/10/2009 6:55:23 PM   
Goblin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri Rebel

Sad part is that I didn't buy a game this time around. I was looking at purchasing SP Generals tonight, but discovered that the sale was over. Now I probably wont buy it at its normal price of $70. Missed the boat. 

Is it just me or does $70 seem a little steep for a game that's as old as SP is? But a Free Markets' a free market. Are there enhancements to the original graphics because I can recall the trouble of locating troops in densely packed areas.

Each Mega used to sell for $25 when they sold seperately. You get four with the Generals Edition for $70.

The basic game is still free, and still comes with scenarios and campaigns already in it, but no Mega Campaigns.

The Enhanced Mod did update the graphics for some units/terrain a little. Most who try the mod do not go back to the vanilla version.

Goblin

< Message edited by Goblin -- 1/10/2009 6:57:55 PM >

(in reply to Missouri Rebel)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Did you have a good sale ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI