Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starhship terrain counters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starhship terrain counters Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starhship... - 1/5/2009 9:52:58 PM   
Grymme

Hi

I am looking for terrain for Desert/moonlandscape or interior of starships. Thinking about some modding.

Alternativly if someone could help me with how to make it easily. I am not graphicly gifted.

Or if someone could do something with these that i found

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/5/2009 9:53:38 PM   
Grymme

Or this

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/6/2009 8:00:50 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Dumb suggestion, why not start with some photos of actual moonscape and tweak them ?

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/6/2009 8:30:48 PM   
Grymme

Jeffrey:

Basicly because i dont have the graphic abilities needed to make a new terrain set. Even with photographies. Ive tried, but havent gotten anywhere. But there is people out there that knows how to. As demonstrated by the realmod & boardgamemod.

Thats why i have to ask for help. Im dying to make a space marine scenario :)

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/7/2009 4:06:02 AM   
Jeffrey H.

Well, I did say it was a dumb question. If I knew I'd be helping you but I don't have any experience with that one. Maybe sometime later.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 5
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/7/2009 7:57:19 PM   
*Lava*

Well...

I have a question that kinda goes along with this...

If you graphically mod the terrain tiles, to play the game you will have to substitute graphics folders/images or have another install of the game dedicated to the new graphics... correct? Otherwise they will overwrite the original graphics.. I believe.

There doesn't appear to be an alternative graphics file type system (think TOAW). Any plans to include something like this in the future?

Thanks for any thoughts...

Ray (alias Lava)

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 6
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/7/2009 8:04:10 PM   
Grymme

You make a different Masterfile, so you dont need several installments. Each masterfile points to which graphics are used.

You can have many masterfiles and choose which one you will use when you start up the game.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 7
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/7/2009 8:29:11 PM   
*Lava*

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grymme

You make a different Masterfile, so you dont need several installments. Each masterfile points to which graphics are used.

You can have many masterfiles and choose which one you will use when you start up the game.

I don't understand what you mean by "Masterfile". Where are such files found?

I was thinking something like creating a new folder in the bin graphics folder but I have no idea how you would choose those graphics before you start the game.

Could you please be a bit more specific?

Thanks,

Ray (alias Lava)

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 8
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/7/2009 8:30:28 PM   
Widell

To clarify Grymme's amswer:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lava
If you graphically mod the terrain tiles, to play the game you will have to substitute graphics folders/images or have another install of the game dedicated to the new graphics... correct? Otherwise they will overwrite the original graphics.. I believe.

Not correct. To create custom graphics you create a new folder and in the editor select the graphics you want. Then include the custom graphics in the scenario zip you submit to the Scenariobank.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lava
There doesn't appear to be an alternative graphics file type system (think TOAW). Any plans to include something like this in the future?

According to above, it is already included and extremely flexible once you figure out the scaling etc.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 9
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/7/2009 9:38:12 PM   
*Lava*

So...

You folks are saying you can create new map terrain just like you can create new units?

Thanks for your time.

Ray (alias Lava)

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 10
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/7/2009 9:41:44 PM   
Grymme

Yes, sorry if my answer was incoherent :=)

It has already been done. See the realmod and the boardgamemod created by players.

Feel like creating a moonlandscape mod? Maybe something based on this?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Grymme -- 1/7/2009 9:42:29 PM >

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 11
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/7/2009 10:07:23 PM   
*Lava*

Okay...

So I think I get it.

You graphically modify existing map tiles and then save it as a masterfile.

Thanks.

Ray (alias Lava)

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 12
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/7/2009 10:34:27 PM   
Grymme

The tutorials explain it better than i can. This deals with where to put landscape tiles,

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1611050

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 13
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/7/2009 10:49:54 PM   
*Lava*

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grymme

The tutorials explain it better than i can. This deals with where to put landscape tiles,

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1611050

Thanks very much... hadn't seen that... and that is what I was looking for.

I've only had the game a week and am just nosing around in the editor at this time.

Cheers,

Ray (alias Lava)

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 14
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/8/2009 6:16:46 AM   
Grymme

The easiest way to learn the editor i think is to read the 10ish tutorials listed in this section and at the same time recreate a copy of the easy "netherlands"-scenario that Vic uses as constant example in the tutorial. If youll do that then you will be a long step towards learning to use the editor.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 15
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/8/2009 10:09:34 AM   
*Lava*

Indeed...

Some very nice tutorials. I've read some of the stuff, but because I still am in game playing mode haven't really gotten too deeply into it.

The graphics modding got my attention though, as most of the scenario stuff I do has a graphic mod as its base.

Cheers,

Ray (alias Lava)

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 16
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/8/2009 5:52:23 PM   
Widell

Lava - Based on your very creative work in TOAW I can only say I look forward to seeing what you can do with AT! Quit playing and start modding .

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 17
RE: Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starh... - 1/8/2009 11:30:46 PM   
*Lava*

quote:

ORIGINAL: Widell

Quit playing and start modding .

Actually... the seeds of my first masterfile and scenario mod has already been planted and I'm creeping in that direction.

However, I do need to play lots of the game so I can see where the limits lie...

Hopefully... soon... ish.

Ray (alias Lava)

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Looking fore moonlandscape/desert/interior of starhship terrain counters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI