From: Terrace, BC, Canada
Recurrent question but.... any release planned date ?
Unfortunately, we are going to miss the Easter planned release.
The blame is mine alone as I am in the middle of redoing the order of battles, country structures and many of the graphics.
Here is a general list of things that need to be completed prior to release:
1. Finish restructuring countries (these are mostly for the Middle East offering: Israel, Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Jordon, etc) The Vietnam countries OOBs are pretty much good to go as the intended revisions are complete. While this is only one item, it is a HUGE task and takes a lot of time to complete properly.
2. Finish revising 3D graphics. Mike and I have been spending a lot of time updating and revising many of the graphics for consistency or just replacing some that were "unacceptable". Below is a sample of a new helicopter for the Modern Wars (Bell 206).
3. Ensure Unittext and f2 pictures are collected, formatted and complete
4. Revise existing scenarios with new units and unit ID's.
5. Format existing scenarios for consistency.
6. Complete playtesting of existing scenarios.
7. Complete new scenarios for inclusion, playtesting.
These are the major items, there are a number of minor items as well.
I'm still averaging a good 5 hours a day on this and will continue to do so until it is done.
It's coming.. and soon.. just not as soon as I hoped!