Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MarkShot, where art thou?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> MarkShot, where art thou? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MarkShot, where art thou? - 12/7/2008 6:28:00 AM   
WhiteOwl

In anticipation of the upcoming release of BftB, I fired up COTA and am having a renewed blast with it. This brought to mind the excellent tips and tutorials that had been made by Markshot (not the official tutorials, which are also excellent) via the tips PDF and the long HTTR threads he started. Is MarkShot still involved in the AA series? can we expect a review or walkthrough or AAR from him for this release? I don't in any way mean to diminish other people's involvement, just that somehow to me at least MarkShot's articles were synoymous with an AA release.

Cheers
Post #: 1
RE: MarkShot, where art thou? - 12/7/2008 11:13:35 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: WhiteOwl
Is MarkShot still involved in the AA series? can we expect a review or walkthrough or AAR from him for this release? I don't in any way mean to diminish other people's involvement, just that somehow to me at least MarkShot's articles were synoymous with an AA release.

Mark is still around, but has many irons in the fire right now - I guess a vote of confidence like the above could make him get his priorities straight once again

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to WhiteOwl)
Post #: 2
RE: MarkShot, where art thou? - 12/7/2008 12:48:04 PM   
oldspec4

I basically asked Mark the same question in another forum a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, he does have beaucoup other current interests . But as Eddy said maybe we can use some friendly persuasion on him.

(in reply to WhiteOwl)
Post #: 3
RE: MarkShot, where art thou? - 12/7/2008 1:45:54 PM   
Banquet

Hopefully Markshot will return at some point. In the meantime I'd like to thank him for his wonderful contribution to this amazing series of games.

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 4
RE: MarkShot, where art thou? - 12/8/2008 11:03:16 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldspec4
But as Eddy said maybe we can use some friendly persuasion on him.

... and if that doesn't help, we can always call in some help from IBM (Italian Business Men) who can make him an offer he can't refuse

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 5
RE: MarkShot, where art thou? - 1/15/2009 10:18:35 PM   
MarkShot

I was just passing through this forum and noticed this thread.

Very touching that some of you still remember me. My last major contribution was on the COTA Patch #2 (the AI aggression patch). I think I set a new record in a single scenario for blowing up bridges while retreating before the advancing Germans. Kept playing the same scenario over and over again so that I could see the impact of Dave's tweaks.

I guess with the lull that happens between major development projects and some health/personal issues, I wondered off to do some other things. Involvement with another game company (business side; not development) and exploring some other genres like: WWII subs, Cold War subs, Economic Strategy Games, Geo-political games, and lots of DOS retro-gaming.

Most recently I completed 100+ page showcase and guide of 1830 (a classic business/investment strategy game; DOS 1994). It is a PC port of a reknown Avalon Hill boardgame designed by Francis Tresham (18XX series) and Bruce Shelly (designer on Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon and Civilization). The guide was first developed on www.wargamer.com and is now hosted on the Web's foremost 1830 site:

http://www.westpark-gamers.de/en/1830.html

I continue to be a PG Beta Alumni and I suppose it is never too late to get back in the water. In fact, the COTA Mini-Guide was begun only four weeks after a heart attack. Dave literally brought me back from the dead to promote COTA to wargamers young old. It's good to find out that your life has purpose.

Well, you never know. Take care, all.

Never more! (I've had enough. Sliterine has raised mediocrity to an art form!)

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 6
RE: MarkShot, where art thou? - 1/18/2009 11:28:22 AM   
elmo3

Hope you are doing well Mark.

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 7
RE: MarkShot, where art thou? - 1/18/2009 10:11:52 PM   
Arjuna

Mark who? And why was he shot?

Just joshing Mark. Nice to see you drop in. Hopefully I can get a new build out this week and we get you testing BFTB again. All the best matey!

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 8
RE: MarkShot, where art thou? - 1/19/2009 9:51:57 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna
Mark who? And why was he shot?

I know half a dozen reasons ...

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> MarkShot, where art thou? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI