Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Union is down =)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> The Union is down =) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Union is down =) - 12/3/2008 8:37:08 PM   
Vasquez

Played my first campaign (Nov 1861). Advanced settings, only initiative check and "In-/Out of Command" disabled (I want my army to go where I want ). Difficulty was First seargant.

Its late february 1864 now and the union about to crumble. I even outnumber them during battles. But I had luck and Kentucky joined the CSA after I broke the Union´s Siege of Memphis in spring 1862.

It was a heck of a fight and especially during the autumn of 1862 my forces in Virginia where about to get exhausted. I fought a straight defensive war and just started to invade the North.

http://screex.com/?b=obQ12hIvYVM

http://screex.com/?b=WbMQe5bOHYZ

I love the combination of economy, strategy and the detailed battles.

I will start another campaign after this as the CSA with higher difficulty and the July 1861 setup.

Whats the difference between the standard 1861 campaign and the 1861 balanced economy campaign btw?

Post #: 1
RE: The Union is down =) - 12/5/2008 5:03:04 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

Whats the difference between the standard 1861 campaign and the 1861 balanced economy campaign btw?

You're asking about the two July scenarios? The one that isn't "balanced" -- a term that actually refers to less of an economic gap between the two sides, but not actual equality -- is like November's "Southern Steel" scenario, in that the North is given much greater economic advantage over the South. The OOB's are the same, though.

We've written this in the forum many times, but since there are quite a few new players around these days it's worth my pointing out that both the balanced and imbalanced scenarios are historically accurate in terms of the economic numbers we used to create them, but that in the balanced scenarios whenever these numbers are uncertain we went with the estimates that favor the South and disfavor the North, while for the imbalanced scenarios we did the opposite. When the game was first released there were some people complaining that the North's economy wasn't strong enough, so we added "Southern Steel" and the imbalanced July scenario. We had originally gone with the more balanced approach simply to make the game playable for both sides, but adding the imbalanced scenarios was a good decision, since it makes for a much greater challenge when playing the South.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 2
RE: The Union is down =) - 12/5/2008 11:09:10 PM   
Vasquez

Thx for your reply Gil. Meanwhile I found more informations. The ReadMe file ftw

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> The Union is down =) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI