Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More closer historical timetables

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> More closer historical timetables Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More closer historical timetables - 11/23/2008 10:07:21 AM   
Barb

Hi,
I was just thinking. Is the first turn for Japs AIEW? 100 prep points, time wraps and teleports with what units he can load in the turn?
I just cant stand Japs unloading in Philipines on december 8th, ..., overruning whole SRA in month or two.
I hope this will be dealt with in AE. Maybe no unloading bonus for Japs in first months of war. Units already on the way should be loaded and 100 PP prepared. But units which will follow later could be on base and with PP matched so they will reach 100 on day of historical landings. Japs could land on day 7/8th but it will have its consequences.

Also 7/8th december surprise could have lesser effects in Philipines/Malaya.

Another thing:
For Japs player it requires only one (27 plane) Daitai of Zeros and they could won air superiority over whole Malaya. Malaya, Burma, Philipines and DEI was army thing mainly. In my current PBEM game I havent see much Ki-27s which were workhorses in this campaigns. Instead I have seen 1 Zero Daitai and 1 Ki-43 Daitai in Malaya, 1 Zero Daitai in Philipines and 1 Zero Daitai in northern Borneo. Just something over 100 fighters cleared skies of allied planes.
Once I tried to jump on my enemy over his airfield in Philipines. There were just 7 Zeros on cap against 45 P40E and B flying sweep on max alt with best US fighter leaders. 1 Zero vs 7 P-40 killed. I dont know if it is just Zero bonus (rats!).

Post #: 1
RE: More closer historical timetables - 11/24/2008 10:33:07 PM   
spence

Frankly, if the script for the AI is not allowed to accelerate the time frame for things then the Japanese AI will probably be unable to accomplish anything after May of 1942 or so....oh wait, it can't accomplish anything after May or so of 1942 already. It is somewhat unfortunate and certainly annoying to the Allied Player in a PBEM that the Japanese (human) Player in PBEM gets to benefit from all these "gimmes" too.

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 2
RE: More closer historical timetables - 11/27/2008 10:01:09 PM   
John 3rd

As a STAUNCH JFB, I totally concur with Barb on the December 7th invasions.  My first true opponent in this game was Greg Moses and he was fantastic at teaching me to slow down as the Japanese player and be more of a PLANNER with the 1st turn as Japan.  It is far more important to shift troops, supply, and fuel around with the warp movement then to land at 15 different places on Dec 7th.  The only opening landings I make are against Malaya, Batan Island, and that is about it. 

I believe that this gives the Allied player time to try and set-up a defense while I can prep my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd objectives with my redeployed troops and ships. 

In my games the Allied player gets about ONE week of time and then the hammer falls and I will STILL clear the DEI by the end of February.

As to Zeros at the beginning, they do exactly what they did then as now.  Why cry over the first month of the game?  Is there any denying that the Japanese swept the British, Dutch, and American aircraft from the skies during that time?  I just say that this is semi-accurate for what really occurred.

My .02!   

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 3
RE: More closer historical timetables - 11/27/2008 10:44:02 PM   
Yamato hugger

Well as a wise man once said on this very forum, dont expect the same strategies that you use in WitP to work in AE.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 4
RE: More closer historical timetables - 11/28/2008 6:48:09 PM   
Barb

I am crying not about Zeros, but over not seen Almost any army fighter except one Daitai of Oscars. Considering Philipines and Malaya was mainly army operation it is quite surprising.
Yup I know that Jap player will try to evade combat with his Nates to conserve their pilots. But to have 4 Zero units with 108 planes altogether to kill 200 enemy fighters (100 at philipines, 50 at Malaya and rest at DEI) with almost no loss?

(in reply to Yamato hugger)
Post #: 5
RE: More closer historical timetables - 11/28/2008 6:57:25 PM   
Yamato hugger

Uber CAP doesnt work anymore either.

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 6
RE: More closer historical timetables - 11/28/2008 8:13:39 PM   
Japan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barb

I am crying not about Zeros, but over not seen Almost any army fighter except one Daitai of Oscars. Considering Philipines and Malaya was mainly army operation it is quite surprising.
Yup I know that Jap player will try to evade combat with his Nates to conserve their pilots. But to have 4 Zero units with 108 planes altogether to kill 200 enemy fighters (100 at philipines, 50 at Malaya and rest at DEI) with almost no loss?

Sounds Very Realistic if you ask me.

Many Jap pilots started Training when at Age 14 years of Age, and by December of 1941 had years of training, and very good skill.

Of course, once the Experts eventualy die, and the Allies learn how to build good planes, thay will gain air supiriority.
I however dont think the Allied Airforce currently in the Pacific in December 41 stand a chanse aiganst evan few numbers of Very Skilled pilots flying in a highly modern aircraft like the Zero was in December of 1941.

Reminds me about the early days of the German Soviet Campaing (Opr. Barbarossa)... With huge quantety of Poor Soviet Planes destroyed on the Ground.. and in the Air.

< Message edited by Japan -- 11/28/2008 8:15:51 PM >

AAR VIDEO
THE FIRST YEAR + THE SECOND YEAR
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2133035&mpage=1&key=&

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 7
RE: More closer historical timetables - 11/29/2008 4:40:44 PM   
Barb

Flying 1000 of flight hours in fighter plane will not make you combat pilot 

(in reply to Japan)
Post #: 8
RE: More closer historical timetables - 11/30/2008 3:03:27 AM   
tanksone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yamato hugger

Well as a wise man once said on this very forum, dont expect the same strategies that you use in WitP to work in AE.

Hi, will your "Packer sweep" still work?

Post #: 9
RE: More closer historical timetables - 11/30/2008 12:42:09 PM   
Yamato hugger

Probably better. Dutch and Phil units (and a fair number of units in Malaya also) cant be released and therefore harder to move than in WitP. Northern Oz harder to supply from the interior than even CHS.

(in reply to tanksone)
Post #: 10
RE: More closer historical timetables - 11/30/2008 5:02:40 PM   
bradfordkay

" Dutch and Phil units (and a fair number of units in Malaya also) cant be released and therefore harder to move than in WitP."

Does this mean that they can't be relocated within the DEI or PI, or just that it's more difficult to relocate them to, say, Australia?

fair winds,
Brad

Post #: 11
RE: More closer historical timetables - 11/30/2008 8:42:03 PM   
Yamato hugger

They can be moved within their areas but only by air transfer or of course ground movement. Starting and ending bases must both belong to to the ground units command. I believe ALL Dutch and Phil units are (including their aircraft) restricted. So to answer your question, no, they can not be relocated to Oz.

Edit: Well in theory you could change a base in Oz to a Dutch command and do it that way. Will check to see if this is possible.

Edit 2: Ok, did some quick checks and the Oz coastal cities can be change to various "major" commands (Central Pac, SW Pac, SEAC, ect) but none that a Dutch unit can use. They can (surprisingly) be changed to USFFE command however meaning it would be possible to move some Phil units to Oz. However, Dutch bases in the NEI arent allowed to change command. So I guess (and it isnt something I am going to look at further) its possible to move some Phil army units to Oz if the Japs captured a Dutch base and the allies recaptured it thus allowing the base to become a USFFE base and staging them out that way. And no, Chinese bases cant be changed either.

< Message edited by Yamato hugger -- 11/30/2008 9:08:36 PM >

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> More closer historical timetables Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI