Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Still about the message delay

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Still about the message delay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Still about the message delay - 10/10/2000 8:58:00 PM   
Fuerte

The default message delay is 10 ms, in which time it is impossible to read what is said in the message box. In my opinion all text in message box should be in the message log as well. Now I have been playing a game, where my tank (or any of my troops) does not see what is firing at it, but the message box tells that it is a 50 mm AT gun. If I have the message delay at 10 ms, then I don't know that information, but if I set it to 40 ms or more, then I can read at least the first few words from it (still I can't read the probability etc.), and I know what is firing. I don't know if this is very realistic, but at the moment the message delay must be set high enough in order to succeed in gaming. But setting the message delay to 40 ms or more makes the game much slower, especially the artillery. That's why it would be great if the information in the message box would appear in the message log as well.

Post #: 1
- 10/10/2000 10:24:00 PM   
Windo von Paene

Agreed. It seems really odd to me as to the distinctions of what appears in the log and what doesn't. Seeing "Special Op Fire!" over and over again really doesn't provide too much information. Not showing infantry casualties is the biggest problem though. If I could see that then I could really turn the message delay way down, but as it stands, I need it to see what's going on.

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Still about the message delay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI