Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Empires in Arms Is Updated

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Empires in Arms Is Updated Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empires in Arms Is Updated - 11/5/2008 5:57:46 AM   
SeanD

A major new v1.04.07 update for the computer adaptation of the famous Napoleonics game offers over 70 fixes and improvements!

Matrix Games and Australian Design Group (www.a-d-g.com.au) are pleased to release a major new update for the computer adaptation of the award winning turn-based Napoleonic strategy game, Empires in Arms. This latest update comes with a raft of over 70 bug fixes and continued AI improvements, in addition to a few minor enhancements.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “This latest update comes with a hefty list of fixes and improvements that should help players who were seeking more of a challenge for the AI as well as smooth out some bugs that were affecting solo and PBEM play.”

Take command of one of the many factions in early 19th century Europe! Empires in Arms is a grand strategy turn-based race to prove which nation is the greatest in Europe. In a bid for mastery over the continent, players can succeed where Napoleon failed or try to stop the military genius quicker than his historical enemies could!

The game moves in monthly turns where diplomacy and builds are conducted. Within the monthly turns there are a variable number of impulses where corps and fleets move about. All movement is simultaneous with battles occurring at the end of the impulse. Battles are resolved by players both picking a strategy and fighting a series of rounds in an attempt to break the enemy. Make and break alliances, declare war, invade minor nations, propose peace terms, build armies of landwehr, regulars, guards, light cavalry, heavy cavalry and artillery. Many historical leaders from the period are included to command corps and fleets, from Admiral Nelson to Marshal Davout to the Pashas of the Ottoman Empires.

The slightest mistake could be the difference between the crown of Europe or exile to St. Helena. Step into history and find your destiny in Empires in Arms!

Get the update here. This update will bring the game to version v1.04.07 and is comprehensive (it will update any previous version).

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Empires in Arms Is Updated - 11/5/2008 3:12:41 PM   
Erik Rutins

If any of you have been holding off on the v1.04.x series due to its public beta status, we highly recommend upgrading now that it's official.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Empires in Arms Is Updated - 11/5/2008 3:28:35 PM   
Jimmer

Great news!

I have a question about it, though: I'm already running 1.04.07. Should I re-upgrade to the "released" version? Or, is it identical to the one I got through the beta download page?

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Empires in Arms Is Updated - 11/5/2008 4:04:15 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Jimmer:

Should be identical! You should be fine!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Empires in Arms Is Updated Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI