Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Repair issues - No Greasylake please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Repair issues - No Greasylake please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Repair issues - No Greasylake please - 10/29/2008 6:14:45 PM   
vettim89

I have an Issue with SS Trusty. She was damaged off Port Blair about three months ago. Unfortunately, she also suffered the forward tubes damaged in the attack. System damage was only about 10 but without the forward tubes, she is about useless. I sent her back to Trico and the system damge went from 10 to 1 very quickly. Then it stopped. She has been sitting at 1 system damge for over two months. Of course those forward tubes won't repair either. I tried moving her from Trico to COlombo to see if a change in venue would bump it. No luck.

So my question is this: is this just the normal waiting game for a lucky die roll (considering she has failed the die roll well over 100 times) or is this damage permanent? If not permanent, any ideas on bumping her? I have no AS in the theatre but I could move one up from Perth

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
Post #: 1
RE: Repair issues - No Greasylake please - 10/29/2008 6:20:05 PM   
Mike Solli

This has been discussed on occasion.  The last I remember was from rtrapasso, I believe.  He said that the tubes most likely have been repaired but it isn't updated on the screen.  If there is ammo for the tubes, they should be fine.  I'd send her out to see if she takes a shot with the forward tubes.  If you try that, let us know the verdict.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 2
RE: Repair issues - No Greasylake please - 10/29/2008 7:32:47 PM   
rockmedic109

Damged Devices must be repaired at a port with a Repair Yard.  Tincom doesn't have one.  You need to send it to Columbo or another port that has a Repair Yard.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 3
RE: Repair issues - No Greasylake please - 10/30/2008 4:52:31 AM   
vettim89

quote:

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

Damged Devices must be repaired at a port with a Repair Yard.  Tincom doesn't have one.  You need to send it to Columbo or another port that has a Repair Yard.

Please refer to original post. SHe has been at Colombo for a month now. I will try sending her out and see what happens

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 4
RE: Repair issues - No Greasylake please - 10/30/2008 10:16:47 AM   
gladiatt

I had this same problem with the Trusty. She waited in port (Colombo) until an update date was reached (think it was automn 43). Then she repaired her forward tube.
Very long time, but that's all i was able to find for this sub.
If it help ??

Also, it was in stock, scen 15.

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 5
RE: Repair issues - No Greasylake please - 10/30/2008 3:32:25 PM   
Charbroiled

This has been a bug for a very long time.

All system damage is repaired, except for maybe 1 point, and the tubes still shows up as being damaged and unuseable.

From my understanding, Mike Solli is correct. The tube is actually fixed, but does not reflect it on the ship screen.

"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 6
RE: Repair issues - No Greasylake please - 10/30/2008 3:43:30 PM   
Ambassador

Since WitPTracker directly reads the savegame, you might take a look through it.  If it tells you there's no device damaged, it's effectively repaired.  If it doesn't, maybe it's not repaired, maybe it's repaired but the program doesn't read from the proper place.

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Repair issues - No Greasylake please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI