Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

controller will not work in Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> controller will not work in Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
controller will not work in Game - 10/28/2008 8:41:28 AM   
saskfootball

I have just got my new computer up and running. (vista) I first got a logtec controller to play arcade mode on maximum football. For some reason the game will not notice the controller. so I took the controller back and picked up the pc xbox controller. I installed the drivers for this and then started the game. I still could not get the controller to work. all the game would show me is the key board and a mouse that says mouse roller ball and touch pad. I do not see a controller in there. Then when I try to play with the controller nothing happens. I can play the game fine with the key board but that is not fun at all. When I go to control pannel I can see the controller is plugged in and I can do the tests for it. The game for some reason will not see the controller. Now I do not know if this might have something to do with it ,but when I installed the three updates for version 2 I got on the first two that they are not compatable with vista. But when I go to the third install I just lets me install it with out any issue. I will add that even though vista said that the first two patches were for windows xp and lower it did let me continue with the install. So I do not know it they worked or not.
I reall need help on this because I really want to be able to play my game.

Post #: 1
RE: controller will not work in Game - 10/28/2008 4:06:46 PM   
Mykal

I've always used "Tesua" Dual controllers and never had any issues

I cant help you with this one Bro,
other than maybe try a Tesua controller if all else fails

(in reply to saskfootball)
Post #: 2
RE: controller will not work in Game - 10/28/2008 5:59:55 PM   
Marauders

Was the UAC turned on during the install?

Please read the topic pinned at the top of the page regarding installing Maximum Football with Vista.

Here is a direct link to the procedure

http://www.maximum-football.com/2/vista_install.htm

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 3
RE: controller will not work in Game - 10/29/2008 6:44:57 AM   
saskfootball

Yes It was turned on. If you mean with vista kept asking me for permition to install the program than yes. I just can not figure this one out. I'm going to try to install it again I think. The only thing is when I go to install the first two updates to 2.0 vist says they are for early window. But on the other side it still lets me install them. Once I get to the last update it instals with out a hitch. I really just want to play arcade mode on my football game. It has to be something with the game or vista because it did this with two differnt controllers. ?????

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 4
RE: controller will not work in Game - 10/29/2008 7:36:11 AM   
Marauders

I don't have Vista on my machines, so I can't help more than that.

Perhaps a community member with experience installing Maximum Football on Vista can help.

Post #: 5
RE: controller will not work in Game - 10/29/2008 1:25:05 PM   
Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: saskfootball

Yes It was turned on. If you mean with vista kept asking me for permition to install the program than yes. I just can not figure this one out. I'm going to try to install it again I think. The only thing is when I go to install the first two updates to 2.0 vist says they are for early window. But on the other side it still lets me install them. Once I get to the last update it instals with out a hitch. I really just want to play arcade mode on my football game. It has to be something with the game or vista because it did this with two differnt controllers. ?????

I would say its a Vista problem, I use XP
try giving "therhino" a shout on PM see if he can help, I know he uses Vista

Post #: 6
RE: controller will not work in Game - 10/29/2008 3:59:29 PM   
saskfootball

Sorry, but who is therhino and how do I contact him?? I really would like to figure out this problem because I can not wait to play the game. I tried it with the key board and I do not like it much.
Garry

< Message edited by saskfootball -- 10/29/2008 4:14:06 PM >

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 7
RE: controller will not work in Game - 10/29/2008 5:20:10 PM   
Mykal

if you click on a members name in the side panel
you get the members info, in there you will also see a button called PM (personal message)
you can use that to send a private message to a member which he will be notified of the next time he signs in
find "therhino" somewhere on any message and click on his name
you wont have much trouble finding him, he's been here longer than me and is very active.

if you go here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1936562
therhino is the first poster on this message thread

< Message edited by Mykal -- 10/29/2008 5:22:52 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: controller will not work in Game - 10/30/2008 5:35:27 AM   
therhino

saskfootball, I don't really know how I can help you, but I will try. I assume you mean the Xbox 360 controller which is what I have. I have Vista now on three of my computers and my Xbox 360 controller works fine with all of them. I don't know if you have tried this, but I would install MFB being sure to delete ALL the files. Reinstall MFB completely if that doesn't work then I don't know what to do. This is when we really need David.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 9
RE: controller will not work in Game - 10/30/2008 5:47:54 AM   
saskfootball

How to I uninstall the game and make sure all of it is off the computer. When you installed the three updats for ver 2 did have vista tell you that they are for older vertions of windows. See the funny thing is that vista still installed them I think. The only updat that did not say it was not combatable was the very last update. Any Idea on that..
Garry

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 10
RE: controller will not work in Game - 10/30/2008 6:03:29 AM   
therhino

After installing just delete your Maximum Football main folder located here: C:\Matrix Games

Post #: 11
RE: controller will not work in Game - 10/30/2008 6:45:56 AM   
saskfootball

Well I tried that and no such luck.Question for you. When you installed the game and you got to the point were it was installing the dirext x and under that it said game components. did you get some kind of install screen with that. Because I did not. All I got was the install for direct x or 9 or what ever it is called. then the game was installed. I can not believe this is being so hard to do.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 12
RE: controller will not work in Game - 11/10/2008 9:34:19 PM   
saskfootball

Untill Matrix games figures out why the game will not see my controller and let me play the game useing it. Anyone know all the controlls to the key board. I can't seem to figure that out. when it has numbers by the player and I push a number I get sacked or it does not throw to who I want it to. I would really like to play this game with my controller and if other people have been useing a xbox pc controller and vista and get get it to work why will mine not work. I'm very frustuated with this.

Post #: 13
RE: controller will not work in Game - 12/4/2008 4:45:46 AM   
saskfootball

can you tell me if you installed these three patches on you game with your vista.
MaximumFootball-UpdateRelease-v22Comp
MaximumFootball-UpdateRelease-v227Comp
MaximumFootball-UpdateRelease-v2290Comp
I would get this message for the first two updates and the third one with out a hitch. The first two install but with this message.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> controller will not work in Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI