Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My Classic Game Thread - 1830

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> My Classic Game Thread - 1830 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My Classic Game Thread - 1830 - 10/26/2008 12:44:09 AM   
MarkShot

Guys,

{Although unlikely ... on the possibility that some of you are not already regular members over at www.wargamer.com ... then I'll make this post. Also, I know that quite a few of you enjoyed the guides I did for Matrix's HTTR and COTA ... well, I've done it again.}

I recently just did a lengthy showcase of what I consider to be the single best strategy game (also a DOS classic) of all time.

If you are interested, then you will find it here:

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=307087

FYI - 1830 is a simulation of business (finance), the stock market, and rail roads. However, it is not really about RRing in the sense that RT1, RT2, and RT3 are. It is a highly accurate port of a reknown board game. You play as 1 of 2-6 investors (AI or human) with goal to end the game as the richest investors. The RR companies are just tools and you can either grow your RR companies or destroy them based on what makes you wealthiest. Besides careful building ... the game is full of devious back stabbing. The PC version can deliver a full and varied game in just 60-90 minutes ... same game played as a board game is about 4-5 hours. (There is a big overhead savings by allowing the computer to handle book keeping tasks.)

Well, if you like The Classics, then check it out. Lastly, Bruce Shelly was quite involved with the 1830 Project. Many of you will recall that Bruce Shelly is a long time cohort of Sid Meier.

Never more! (I've had enough. Sliterine has raised mediocrity to an art form!)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> My Classic Game Thread - 1830 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI