Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WitP 2?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> WitP 2? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WitP 2? - 10/21/2008 7:37:12 PM   
Footslogger

Is the WitP 2 the Admiral's Expansion pack?
Post #: 1
RE: WitP 2? - 10/21/2008 8:39:49 PM   
witpqs

No. -2 is the catch-all for things that are too much for AE initial release, too much for AE patches, mostly because they require big changes in the code structure, or tool set, etc.

Sort of like a war gaming afterlife.

(in reply to Footslogger)
Post #: 2
RE: WitP 2? - 10/23/2008 3:41:18 PM   
Admiral Scott

Will there be a WITP 2 in the near future?

Also, will AE most likely be released by Christmas?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: WitP 2? - 10/23/2008 4:01:51 PM   
witpqs

Well, giving you my opinions:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Admiral Scott

No. WITP 2 will take a long time, if it ever happens. It's really just speculation right now. Pushing in it's favor is the fact that WITP is a labor of love for many or all of those working on it. For -2 you are really talking about big changes that will require substantial work just to get it up and running.

quote:

I think it highly likely.

(in reply to Admiral Scott)
Post #: 4
RE: WitP 2? - 10/23/2008 5:19:40 PM   
Admiral Scott

thanks

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
RE: WitP 2? - 10/28/2008 6:18:13 AM   
Kull

quote:

Unlikely. See Joe's quote below for some insight into the timing of the release.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

But be aware ... it takes Matrix at least 30-90 days AFTER a game goes GOLD before it will be released ... so when you see the GOLD announcement ... you will know release will be soon ... until the GOLD announcement release is at least 2-3 months out. We are cranking hard ... but our major surgery to the AI has pushed out our internal timeframe to go GOLD ... and once we get the new AI working it will require testing ... so it will be a while before we go GOLD ... but still more than hopeful for this year.

Post #: 6
RE: WitP 2? - 10/28/2008 10:36:02 AM   
undercovergeek

unless its gone gold already, they kept it secret and its all a big surprise for Dec 7 2008 or Dec 24/25 at which point the Matrix servers collapse under the weight of the downloading

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 7
RE: WitP 2? - 10/28/2008 7:18:27 PM   
Tactics

Well, they dont seem to announce every single game as 'gone gold'. Close Combat Modern Tactics never had a Gold announcement. Commander - Napoleon didnt either. Infact, that game was announced as "soon to be released" and then just 5 days later - It was out.

A lot of other games didnt get the 'Gold' announcement, they were just announced as released. And don't forget that Matrix often seems to release a download version of the game and then later add the hardcopy version.

I don't read the future, but I wouldnt nesecsarrily be waiting for a gold announcement followed by 30-90 days. I expect the "Out Soon" or "Final Version is in Test" announcement followed by the download now, hardcopy later scenario.

And besides, as most of us know, "Gone Gold" is an older term.  Remember Rich Laporte (sp) from GoneGold.com? Back before downloadable games were around. I don't know, I just wouldnt sit fretting about a gold announcement and think the lack of one means the game wont be out in 2008. I mean heck, the new remake of Close Combat 5 is being made by Strategy 3 Tactics, it has gone gold, but the guys who made it dont' even have a website!

- Edit

The new Close Combat announced gold on 10/23 and today, 10/28 it's available.

< Message edited by Tactics -- 10/28/2008 7:36:47 PM >

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 8
RE: WitP 2? - 10/29/2008 1:53:09 AM   
madgamer2

The whole concept of AE is a kind of first for a game. WitP became an instant good thing for gamers. This forum has been here for a very long time and has many members who have gone the long haul with the game.
Matrix then started the AE project with the help of many long haul players that love this game and desire to make it even better. When it is released it will be a community effort. I for one am looking forward to it even though the level of complexity may be a little hard for me to deal with but I will try because I to love this game and the work that all have and will put into it.

Madgamer

(in reply to Footslogger)
Post #: 9
RE: WitP 2? - 10/29/2008 9:25:51 AM   
TheElf

quote:

Some perspective...I have been involved with AE since early 2006. It isn't released yet. But we are getting closer. How close? You'll have to ask the boss (Joe).

quote:

Ask Joe. But don't expect a definite answer. Not because he wants to keep you in the dark, but because we don't want to unnecessarily disappoint.

IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> WitP 2? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI