Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Parallelizing PBEM turns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Parallelizing PBEM turns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Parallelizing PBEM turns - 10/6/2008 4:55:14 PM   
Mistmatz

I think this is my first posting in the AE forum and I havent followed the discussions here at all, so bear with me if anything similar has been suggested already...

Currently japanese player does his turn, then allied player. Given the time frame covered this will rince and repeat for a couple of years.
I wonder if it would be possible to allow both players to do their turns simultaneously. Each to a separate file of course. When both players are done, merge the two files on one machine (eg japanese side) and do the resolution. Rince and repeat, but hopefully at a higher pace.

I understand that if this is planned for current AE already it probably wont make it into the release. I also don't know much about the save file structure but I believe this is something that might even be implemented into a later release as it shouldn't affect the engine at all. Maybe even a separate tool to split/merge the files and eventually different save slots to remain compatibility, but still doable later on IMO.
Post #: 1
RE: Parallelizing PBEM turns - 10/6/2008 4:58:27 PM   
Terminus

Not possible. WitP is what's called IGOUGO, and there'd be lots of coding in making it WEGO instead. Maybe for WitP 2.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 2
RE: Parallelizing PBEM turns - 10/6/2008 11:50:21 PM   
Mobeer

Does the Allied AI still work on the state of the game at the end of the Japanese order phase, or has it been changed to work on the end of turn?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Parallelizing PBEM turns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI