Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

garrisons "out of supply"?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> garrisons "out of supply"? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
garrisons "out of supply"? - 10/4/2008 4:34:00 AM   
ndrose

In the latest patch, I'm getting weird "out of supply" messages about (unbesieged) garrisons. Anyone else see that? I presume it's some kind of bug, but I haven't seen any of them actually lose factors or even, so far as the log shows, undergo a forage roll. The bug, if that's what it is, seems to be confined to the warning.
Post #: 1
RE: garrisons "out of supply"? - 10/4/2008 12:12:33 PM   
fvianello

An unbesieged garrison need no supply, but an unbesieged corps inside a city does; if the city pointed out by the message is unbesieged and you have no corps in it, it's  a bug.

H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 2
RE: garrisons "out of supply"? - 10/4/2008 3:36:23 PM   
ndrose

quote:

ORIGINAL: HanBarca

An unbesieged garrison need no supply, but an unbesieged corps inside a city does; if the city pointed out by the message is unbesieged and you have no corps in it, it's a bug.

It's not something that happens all the time; just to certain garrisons at certain times, usually where there has been a depot and corps previously that have now been moved away.

I suspect it's related to the fix of another bug. In previous versions, when you relieved a siege the garrison did not forage, even though it's supposed to. Now it does, and you get the "out of supply" warning (which, unless it's a port, isn't much help, since there's no way to supply it). I think this bug must be related to the sequence of checks the game performs. As I said, the unbesieged garrisons don't appear actually to forage or lose factors, so it's not a serious bug; it must just be marking them as having lost a supply source when the depot goes, then issuing the warning, then realizing they don't need supply. (That's an awkward way of putting it, but I don't know how the game works on the inside. Maybe it "autoforages" unbesieged garrisons; if you click "end phase" before autoforaging, you'll get a warning about your corps that are out of supply, even if they can autoforage--it could be similar to that.)

(in reply to fvianello)
Post #: 3
RE: garrisons "out of supply"? - 10/6/2008 10:46:40 PM   
Marshall Ellis

I think I saw your Mantis issue and I looked at this game. It works if you click the garrison BUT is out of supply if you do not ... anyway ... I'm looking at it.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 4
RE: garrisons "out of supply"? - 10/7/2008 8:50:02 PM   
j-s

It looks that garrisons are "out of supply" if they have been besieged by enemy corps and besiege has been lifted.
I fought enemy corps away from my city area and "out of supply" was still a problem. I had my own corps in that area, no enemy corps. I tried to pick up that garrison factor and put it back to the city but problem was still there.

This happened to me two times, same problem both time (first enemy besieged, was driven away and still...).

I use that new beta-version.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 5
RE: garrisons "out of supply"? - 10/7/2008 11:52:41 PM   
Marshall Ellis

You're correct that it looks like it was saving its siege setting.
Click the garrison and you should see it come into supply.
I just fixed this for 1.05

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to j-s)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> garrisons "out of supply"? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI