Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

105 IGs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> 105 IGs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
105 IGs - 9/23/2008 3:56:33 PM   
robot

Can anyone tell me if the SP 105mm IG of the US Army in early 1943 an direct or an indirect gun. The reason I need to know is if indirect ill get 6 and assign to HQ. If they are direct I will get a sec for each Company only. I hate to buy them for Co use and find out they can fire indirect and vice versa for HQ and find out no indirect fire. Thanks for aany help you all can give me.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
RE: 105 IGs - 9/23/2008 6:43:33 PM   
Goblin

robot,

Check and see if the unit class is 'SP Artillery'. That is indirect capable. If it says 'SP Gun', then it is direct fire. I believe all of the US SP 105 guns are artillery class, which means indirect or direct.

Goblin

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
RE: 105 IGs - 9/24/2008 12:15:44 AM   
Alby

this one?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 3
RE: 105 IGs - 9/24/2008 5:10:39 AM   
Nihon Rikugun

That is one of the annoying things about the 2 Japanese IGs attached to infantry companies, direct fire only...which is pretty hard in most jungle battles, and forget advance to contact battles with them moving along at speed 2 (or is it 1?  I forget).  If I am lucky, I can set one up to cover an advance if there is a clear field of fire (rarely) or along a road.

Now on the defense, they are usually pretty good, but again, only if I can get a field of fire set.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 4
RE: 105 IGs - 9/24/2008 8:41:57 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nihon Rikugun

That is one of the annoying things about the 2 Japanese IGs attached to infantry companies, direct fire only...which is pretty hard in most jungle battles, and forget advance to contact battles with them moving along at speed 2 (or is it 1?  I forget).  If I am lucky, I can set one up to cover an advance if there is a clear field of fire (rarely) or along a road.

Now on the defense, they are usually pretty good, but again, only if I can get a field of fire set.

added some Gun Teams to haul those guns in the Inf A Co, for ENH 2009

< Message edited by Alby -- 9/24/2008 8:45:26 PM >

(in reply to Nihon Rikugun)
Post #: 5
RE: 105 IGs - 9/25/2008 4:18:05 AM   
Nihon Rikugun

Thats cool, I was thinking of added some to my OOB. I need to do more research to see exactly what they used...I remember seeing some rather famous photos of IJA guys pushing a mountain gun up a jungle hill by hand, and others of what look like ponies pulling another IG.

In my old Long Campaign game, my mules got upgraded to trucks rather quickly after Nomonhan...not sure how accurate that is, but a lot faster for sure...when I have roads.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 6
RE: 105 IGs - 9/25/2008 8:35:51 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nihon Rikugun

Thats cool, I was thinking of added some to my OOB. I need to do more research to see exactly what they used...I remember seeing some rather famous photos of IJA guys pushing a mountain gun up a jungle hill by hand, and others of what look like ponies pulling another IG.

In my old Long Campaign game, my mules got upgraded to trucks rather quickly after Nomonhan...not sure how accurate that is, but a lot faster for sure...when I have roads.

actually I meant Mules, not Gun teams, the mules have enoguh 'carry capacity' to haul the Jap AT guns

(in reply to Nihon Rikugun)
Post #: 7
RE: 105 IGs - 9/26/2008 4:28:35 AM   
Nihon Rikugun

Whenever I play a LC with mules in my core force, they always get upgraded to trucks after a battle or two...

I actually wouldn't mind some of those tracked prime movers.    Need to try those out for fun.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> 105 IGs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI