Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World War 2 roleplaying game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> World War 2 roleplaying game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World War 2 roleplaying game - 9/11/2008 2:18:13 PM   
EUBanana

I posted it before, but its that time of year where it reopens after a summer off (even I have better things to do over summer!).

The Greatest Generation is an online text game - a MUSH - set during World War 2. You get to roleplay WW2 combat in various forms (air, sea, land) and play characters who have some sort of role at or near the front - soldiers, doctors, mechanics, nurses, etc. Its fairly gritty RP - the idea is for things to play out like a fairly typical war movie.

You can see some past RP to get an idea of what its like in the various logs that can be found here.

The setting changes as the war moves on, and so does the side that is in play at any given time. Currently its May 1941, and the focus is on the Battle of Crete, with player characters either being members of the German Luftlande Sturmregiment, paradropping into Allied held Crete, or Allied crewmen aboard a destroyer operating in the waters around Crete, in the eastern Mediterranean.

The GMs/staff are most active during European hours so that is when most, though not all, of the action gets run.

To connect you can telnet to war.isunlimited.net port 7115.

For those not in the know,
telnet://war.isunlimited.net:7115 in a browser should do it normally, or at a DOS prompt 'telnet war.isunlimited.net 7115' - though Telnet is really ugly to the point of almost being unusable, so you really should use some client software to jazz it up some, which you can find here. Its only a couple of megs so if interested I'd skip the telnet completely and download the client.

There is a wiki for the game (not made by me, too lazy :D) here.

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> World War 2 roleplaying game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI